Aux in… quality issue?

You do have amps to with that deck right??

By the way, that deck is a steal.......wish I had the extra cash to get one. I wouldn't even be able to use it right now but I would still buy one to have for future considerations.

Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I do. Two Zapco I-Force amps are on order. On an unrelated question, does anyone know if those have balanced inputs? They're Zapco's entry level amps, so I would assume not, but the documentation on their website is quite poor (likely due to the fact that they are very new models).

And yea, the deck looks awsome. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I had a Denon receiever in my home theater setup for a while, before upgrading to 6.1. It was a wonderful piece of equipment, and I expect no less with this HU.

I do. Two Zapco I-Force amps are on order. On an unrelated question, does anyone know if those have balanced inputs? They're Zapco's entry level amps, so I would assume not, but the documentation on their website is quite poor (likely due to the fact that they are very new models).
And yea, the deck looks awsome. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I had a Denon receiever in my home theater setup for a while, before upgrading to 6.1. It was a wonderful piece of equipment, and I expect no less with this HU.
The "Reference" and "Competition" lines accept the Symblink balanced line. It does say the I-force amps accept balanced line for oem operation but I'm not sure what that means. I do know its a different input than on the higher up lines. Too bad you couldn't utilize that balanced output on your deck. Which models are you getting anyway.??? j/w

Adam

Yes, I found that same blurb about “OEM integration,” and I don’t know what that means either. But it doesn’t appear that they ship the Symbilink cables with the models I’m getting (not that they would work with the HU anyway, since Zapco supposedly has slightly different connectors on their cables…?). So I guess I’ll have to wait until they arrive. I would just feel silly if I ran RCA’s instead of balanced cables, if both the HU and amps are able to accept the latter.

I’m getting the I-450 to power my components, and the I-2100 to power my sub (it’s a small sub). I was a bit concerned about the T.H.D. (90db), but I really needed small amps, and the others I was considering were a bit larger than I’d wanted. In the end, I assumed that Zapco wouldn’t put their name on something that was crap.

Yes, I found that same blurb about “OEM integration,” and I don’t know what that means either. But it doesn’t appear that they ship the Symbilink cables with the models I’m getting (not that they would work with the HU anyway, since Zapco supposedly has slightly different connectors on their cables…?). So I guess I’ll have to wait until they arrive. I would just feel silly if I ran RCA’s instead of balanced cables, if both the HU and amps are able to accept the latter.
I’m getting the I-450 to power my components, and the I-2100 to power my sub (it’s a small sub). I was a bit concerned about the T.H.D. (90db), but I really needed small amps, and the others I was considering were a bit larger than I’d wanted. In the end, I assumed that Zapco wouldn’t put their name on something that was crap.
Not to mention the higher lines ask for alot more chuck than what you're paying for the I-force. I wish I could afford the Competition line of amps with symblink system running to them.......that would be the shiznit.

Adam

Oh yeah. Compared to Zapco other products, these cost nothing. Check the prices on Ebay; they’re practically giving them away. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you will want to get the belkin car adaptor it uses the line out for superior quality and a gain knob so you can adjust to reduce clipping at the amp level

also take note that alpine is going to be making an AI Net device that connects to the iPod

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.