Autotek BTS Issues... NEED HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

The_Grimy_One
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, so I finally got time to hook my stuff up. Well come to find out, my Autotek BTS isnt working right. I just got it back from Mr. Mantz not too long ago, so I will give him a call. In the mean time this is my issues...

First off, one of the channels doesnt work, or plays very faintly... I actually think this channel is working properly, because the other channel is quite loud with the gain all the way down, and the volume on 1/35... So idk whats up with that. So I decided to bridge the channel that seemed to be working. This was working fine, I really only turned it up to like 7/35. This was with the car off. So I go to take it for a test drive. Instantly when I turn the car on it goes into protect. OS I reset the deck, it comes back on, but I turn it to like 7/35, same thing. My sub and sub amp dont protect and play fine up to 26/35, (thats the highest I turned it to).

I am going to email Mantz now, but does anyone have any ideas?

i would check out some of these amps from audioque,sundown,or i hear good stuff from the new hifonics amps and they say they do rated but i doubt it my self from experience the with bxi2010d amp but alot of people are liking them and you might want to look at Crescendo amps

There is something wrong with the amp if it goes to protect mode. My friend had done something like that to an amp before. he bridged a 2 channel amp to 2 ohms and eventually fucked up the amp and after awhile it would go to protect mode after going past volume 10.

i would check out some of these amps from audioque,sundown,or i hear good stuff from the new hifonics amps and they say they do rated but i doubt it my self from experience the with bxi2010d amp but alot of people are liking them and you might want to look at Crescendo amps
Ok, Ill look into those.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

There is something wrong with the amp if it goes to protect mode. My friend had done something like that to an amp before. he bridged a 2 channel amp to 2 ohms and eventually fucked up the amp and after awhile it would go to protect mode after going past volume 10.
Naw, no bridging... Just straight using the 2 channels @ 4 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.