Automatic Starter

Participant count
  • Participant list

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
well i was recently thinking of buying an automatic starter cause i didnt think my car had one.

well it does, lol, i guess i had to press the lock button, then hit the starter, just never knew and they never told me when i bought it lol :p.

just curios, are there any pro/cons of having one?

thanks

one advantage is your car can be warmed up in the winter or cooled down in the summertime before you get into it...one disadvantage is it can kick on and cause a mechanic to loose a finger if he is under your hood working....or if you have a busted oil pan or coolant leak and you don't know it could cost an engince since your not there to monitor the gauges...if you have a manual transmission and use it to crank and forget and leave the car in gear it could crash your vehicle possibly killing someone

one advantage is your car can be warmed up in the winter or cooled down in the summertime before you get into it...one disadvantage is it can kick on and cause a mechanic to loose a finger if he is under your hood working....or if you have a busted oil pan or coolant leak and you don't know it could cost an engince since your not there to monitor the gauges...if you have a manual transmission and use it to crank and forget and leave the car in gear it could crash your vehicle possibly killing someone
When I installed alarms, we would call them autocrash on manuals. Store manager hit the button with his truck in gear and it ran into a gas truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.