Auto dimming due to DRL

Participant count
  • Participant list

notmyrealuser

Nevada
Hello everyone, new to the forum, and to car auido sort of.

I wasn't really sure what to search for, or where to post this so feel free to move this etc.

2011 Tundra. I bought a Blaupunkt Cape Town 940 android HU and have it all installed. Everything is working great and I love the HU so far, actually put one in the wife's car too!

My problem is the glare on the screen which I know is common. I have the illumination wire hooked up from the HU to the harness adapter. Turning any of my lights on/off, or even dimming the instrument panel lights doesn't do anything to the HU brightness, which is fine. I am wondering if the HU is receiving voltage from the day time running lights and keeping the screen dim, decreasing visibility especially with glare.

Can anyone confirm this would be the case? And if so, can I just disconnect the illumination wire coming from the HU to my harness to get a bit more brightness?

Thanks everyone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.