Audison LRX1.400 Vs others. Is it worth it

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scoobasteve
10+ year member

Hey Guys,

I have a question regarding the setup i'm building for my 300c.

Right now On highs i'll have

Front Stage

Audison SRX2S - Powering a pair of focal K3 Midbasses.

Audison SRX4 - Powering Focal 100kp Mids and Tn52 Tweeters.

Rear Fill

Audison SRX3 - Mid Channels Powering a set of 165kp Focals.

- Sub Channel Powering an Elemental Designs E700u (Factory Sub location)

Now, My question is I have 2 Brahma 12" subs... i was planning on running them at 2 ohm bridged. off of a viper d2500.1.

But the viper is too big of an amp for my install, not to mention its ugly as sin. So i'm planning on picking up 2 amps, 1 to power each sub.

Right now i'm looking at the Directed D2400 on ebay. Other amps i'm considering are the ED Nine.1 and the Orion HCCA 250G4... if i can find a pair.

My question is, Would it be beneficial to go with the audison LRX 1.400. how would the 900-1000w sound going to the brahmas (planning on a small sealed enclosure about 1.25 -1.4 cuft) would it be worth the extra money just for the continuity. or are the LRX amps worth the extra money.

Source Unit - Alpine IVA w200. and a PXA-H701 processor.

The LRX and SRX series don't look anything alike so continuity asthetically is out the window anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I also don't think I would reccomend the 250HCCA either for the simple reason that those things are some of the most current hungry amps ever.

What coil configuration are your Brahmas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.