audioque=awesome

well i dont have room to do slot port i dont think if so it would have to be subs downfiring and port up , or subs forward and port up

my dimensions of the box right now are 28x32x13.5 i recall and i am sitting at 5.6 before any displacement

i would like in the future when i upgrade subs possibly cut down on the box size so it doesnt look so odly placed lol,4.5 cubes would make the box a little smaller

but can those subs honestly take 2krms a piece, and isnt that tune a lil high i want it for daily

and yea i know it kinda of looks weird but its the only way i could of got bass without lossing the seats or only running one 12 or a 10 or something that wouldnt give me much bass

in the future i am talking bout 5 years from now plan on doing a blow through and put 8 12's or something in the bed

idk if you have read the thread:confused: but at 40hz the hdc3's will rape on the lowend. ill have to make a vid to prove it to you. yea they will easily handle unclipped 2k rms. if i were u i would take out the backseats and do 2 15's ported:D but i dont care about passengers lol.

yea well i like to have my back seat and room in the truck thats why i got supercrew you know

so down the road when i want even more bass will just convert the bed into a sub box since i have a lockable top on the bed now as it is, and just do a blow through and possibly 8 12's or w/e will be the loudest

this is my project truck when all said and done will have that done to it,along with 26's and a supercharger under the hood and 4.56 or 4.88 gears

my hdc315 in 40hz box plays very good lows to. after 26hz its a no no //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
That's not very low. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

To the OP: Just because your friend's sub sounds better in that enclosure in that car than your subs do in your enclosure in your car does NOT mean that his subs are infinitely better nor does it mean the 40hz tuning is golden. The vehicle plays a huge role in the final response of the subs. When I say huge, I mean more than the subs themselves. Who knows, your sub/enclosure could be a perfect match for some other vehicle out there and it could sound better than your friend's car. And your friend's setup may sound like floppy donkey dick in your vehicle.

true. but 26hz is low considering it will still play loud and full in the 50's and not sacrifice tons of spl for those subsonic notes which are retarded because very few songs that are good have them. ive found sub forward port side works i every trunk car ive tried it in. but yes the car does make a diff but i built what i could and its amazing.

edit: yes the cvrs **** compared to the audioque. i tried a sub forward port side with the cvr in his car and tuned to 40 it sounded like poo and wouldnt play under 43hz. i had to tune it to around 33 to get it to have desirable output. it wouldnt play high or under the box which the audioque does.

I like yur idea man...makin it smaller should get you a little louder on the mic
but it might not sound louder to the ear for daily. I recently dropped my box size from 8.5 to 7.25 and bumped tuning up to 40Hz. Has a LOT of kick on rock music, but doesn't hit quite as hard on some of the low stuff. Which is fine since I hate rap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Old set up did 147@31hz, and I'm getting metered at the next Chicago meet to see if it's louder. I definitely like it better for the music I listen to...

itll still play into around the 28 hz range with great authority. (the ssf is 27hz) ithe sub is still stiff as **** cuz it hasnt been played much. also around 39-43 hz the sub doesnt really move at all because of the port. make it less efficient around there because the sub is still pretty much new and we dont have alot of power to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Notloud00

10+ year member
Quiet
Notloud00
Everywhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date