Audioque 1200D

cleansoundzz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Buena Park
I purchased a brand new Audioque 1200D directly from the company and it arrived at my door about 1 week later in a fresh box. This amp has an old school look, is very very simple but was very heavy and solid. Interesting thing about the gain controls was that there was no bass boost gain control. I tested out the amp today and it was pushing my 2 RF 12 inch T1's in a ported box. Immediately when I hooked up the amp and messed with the gains a little bit, the bass was very clear and very hard. This amp is rated at 1200 watts @ 1 ohm but on the website at 14.4 volts the actual rating is 1470 watts @ 1 ohm @ 0.05 thd. In my opinion this amp is true to the ratings, very small, made with solid top notch components and very heavy. Customer service is equally as nice as the product. I spoke with the owner of Audioque "DJ" and he is very friendly and shared a lot of information about his company and the products. If you are looking for a reliable, sturdy, simplistic, and most of all a amp that pushes more than what it is rated at then pruchase the Audioque 1200D. It will be money well spent.

I purchased a brand new Audioque 1200D directly from the company and it arrived at my door about 1 week later in a fresh box. This amp has an old school look, is very very simple but was very heavy and solid. Interesting thing about the gain controls was that there was no bass boost gain control. I tested out the amp today and it was pushing my 2 RF 12 inch T1's in a ported box. Immediately when I hooked up the amp and messed with the gains a little bit, the bass was very clear and very hard. This amp is rated at 1200 watts @ 1 ohm but on the website at 14.4 volts the actual rating is 1470 watts @ 1 ohm @ 0.05 thd. In my opinion this amp is true to the ratings, very small, made with solid top notch components and very heavy. Customer service is equally as nice as the product. I spoke with the owner of Audioque "DJ" and he is very friendly and shared a lot of information about his company and the products. If you are looking for a reliable, sturdy, simplistic, and most of all a amp that pushes more than what it is rated at then pruchase the Audioque 1200D. It will be money well spent.
Look again that's at 5% THD

So the amp doesn't come with a bass remote then, right?
It comes with a bass remote. That is different than bass boost.

While I'm here I'd also like to point out that the following is false.

It's rated 1200@1@14.4V with 1%THD and 1470@1@14,4V with 5%THD. 5% is pretty high. I have this amp and it's treated me great, so I'm not going to put it or the company down, but it should not get more credit than it deserves either.

Mine came with a Bass Boost Remote and the amp has a bass boost on the actual amp which i don't use.
Remote gain, not bass boost, unless something has changed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

cleansoundzz

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cleansoundzz
Buena Park
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies