Audiopipe TXX-BD2 vs TXX-BD4

Participant count
  • Participant list
For now, I mean.. Run what you have and make the best of it for now. At the least.. Build a DIY enclosure for that one sub and tuned and set those gains properly on that amp and run it. Sit down.. do some research..make a list of what you want to do with that car, and make a budget/max fund build.and get some gear you know will serve well and add to it.What Id do.Get that Big 3 done min as well and run what you have till then.Thats me.. Id rather spend some $ on an enclosure for that one sub at the moment

I mean, money isn't really an issue, but I didn't want to spend more than I had too to get a decent system.

I was looking into maybe buying two of these 15 inch subs:

Hey Boss! What do you think about me being two of these, they look any good? 

Audiopipe 15" Woofer 2800 Watts Dual 4 Ohm Vc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07194X774/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_aHKnCbDAVKPGP

However it seems the general consensus here is that Audiopipe = 🚮 💩 lol.  It comes as a surprise to me before for the most part before it gave out, my old model BD2s (and they were used when I got them too) bumped pretty hard from what I could tell. 

If I were to get two subs that have as much power or can push as hard as the one I just linked, what Amp would yall recommend? And what is a general cost range do you think it'd fall under? 

(Amp + Two Subs + Maybe Custom Box, maybe not) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, money isn't really an issue, but I didn't want to spend more than I had too to get a decent system.

Audiopipe 15" Woofer 2800 Watts Dual 4 Ohm Vc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07194X774/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_aHKnCbDAVKPGP

However it seems the general consensus here is that Audiopipe = 🚮 💩 lol.  It comes as a surprise to me before for the most part before it gave out, my old model BD2s (and they were used when I got them too) bumped pretty hard from what I could tell. 

If I were to get two subs that have as much power or can push as hard as the one I just linked, what Amp would yall recommend? And what is a general cost range do you think it'd fall under? 

You can buy a $600 sub and place it in a $100 prefab box  and and sound like azz and prob wouldnt last 4-6 months and you are digging back into your pockets again, or you could spend $250 on a sub and $250 on a tuned enclosure for that sub and designed for that type of vehicle and out perform, outlast and sound amazing compared to what you just threw in there.The enclosure for any sub is what makes it perform at its potential along with the right power and built within its environment. Ive had some Cheap azzed Lanzar Max Pro 10s ($34 bucks ea at the time)in seperate enclosures in a 90/240Z that were tuned to right around 34 htz in 1.6 cu ft, and they banged theyre azzes off on an old mean machine 99 on ea sub.You are going need some fairly decent power to serve some justice out of a trunk install to be honest.Ill hit this thread again tomorrow.. In other words.. Dont put a bandaide on an opened up wound

Lotta room for improvement here, some thinking going on I see. Nice to see someone open to ideas. I'd eventually go with a custom enclosure that's tuned to your musical tastes and designed for your sub ( or 2) maximizing your power and configured for your vehicle... that's more important than whatever brand/type you buy IMO (buy quality please). I wish you could demo a single 15  done correctly.... it might open your eyes a bit

If you're willing to sacrifice the space a custom designed/built enclosure is the way to go

And get off the pipe man... figuratively speaking of course...  :graduate:

You can buy a $600 sub and place it in a $100 prefab box  and and sound like azz and prob wouldnt last 4-6 months and you are digging back into your pockets again, or you could spend $250 on a sub and $250 on a tuned enclosure for that sub and designed for that type of vehicle and out perform, outlast and sound amazing compared to what you just threw in there.The enclosure for any sub is what makes it perform at its potential along with the right power and built within its environment. Ive had some Cheap azzed Lanzar Max Pro 10s ($34 bucks ea at the time)in seperate enclosures in a 90/240Z that were tuned to right around 34 htz in 1.6 cu ft, and they banged theyre azzes off on an old mean machine 99 on ea sub.You are going need some fairly decent power to serve some justice out of a trunk install to be honest.Ill hit this thread again tomorrow.. In other words.. Dont put a bandaide on an opened up wound
Thanks for the insight! I'm definitely taking that into thought! And when you say for a trunk install, I guess the only other way would be to install it into the actual vehicle? I don't think I'd opt for that for multiple reasons. 

Lotta room for improvement here, some thinking going on I see. Nice to see someone open to ideas. I'd eventually go with a custom enclosure that's tuned to your musical tastes and designed for your sub ( or 2) maximizing your power and configured for your vehicle... that's more important than whatever brand/type you buy IMO (buy quality please). I wish you could demo a single 15  done correctly.... it might open your eyes a bit

If you're willing to sacrifice the space a custom designed/built enclosure is the way to go

And get off the pipe man... figuratively speaking of course...  :graduate:
I guess that sounds like the way to go! Although I'd need help as too how to get this custom tuned enclosure. 

Would I build it myself or is there a recommended place to get them custom made? I'm knowledgeable with computer science related stuff, but in no means am I a handy man when it comes to building things lol. 

And if two TXX BD4 15s doesn't slap, what would you recommend over it? (Hopefully reasonably around that price) 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Atunzuman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Atunzuman
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
youdoofus