audiopipe apsm 1300 monoblock and sundown e8v3 setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
So far starters, does anyone have the same setup as me or any of the same sub or amp? Im curious because I just got my setup and hooked it up. Now I wont say im not satisfied but Im wondering if maybe my adjustments on the amp are off because Ive seen youtube vids of ppl with the sub and there **** beats hard as **** with mass flex, or this guy has the same amp with a RE audio srx with the same RMS as the e8v3(tho i heard sundown is better and underrate their subs), but his **** beats hard and I feel like mine is holding back. I have the dual 4ohm sub 300Rms and have it wired to 2ohms. I didnt get the dual 2ohm sub because I figured I wouldnt wire it to 1ohm when the amp is rated 1000w at 1 and 600 at 2, so I figured I was good. I have my amp at lpf around 90hz and subsonic at 20hz as I was told this was good settings. Now Im adjusting my gain with a 50hz test tune from the mtx site and I can turn my gain all the way up without hearing 0 distortion but I feel I shouldnt be able to do that. All my settings on the head unit are at 0 including my sub output option which I can take to +15 or -15. Now my amp has the Gain Lpf(40-180hz) Subsonic(10-50hz) Bass Boost and Bass boost frequency and the last 2 are off... Ive only had the sub hooked up for like a week and a half not even turned up too loud, so you think maybe its just not broken in yet, or maybe I should just get the SAD2? I bought the sub from vminnovations on ebay and I heard they are good about returns. Im also running it in a ported box tuned to specs and 35hz that sundown recommends for the sub on their site

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.