Audiopipe AP1800 Get 2 or go for Soundstream rub2500.1?

Bigmann6374
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Moon, PA
Help me out I don't know if I should go for another audiopipe 1800 and strap them or get another amp entirely. I'm powering a skar audio ZVX-15 Dual 2 Ohm 1500 rms subwoofer 3" VC. Box around 4 cubes tuned to 40 hz. I was looking at the Soundstream 2500.1 but my buddy says to go big like a 4k amp. I'm a little skeptical to do this due to electrical issues with a honda civic. I have 2 batteries including a 1200 amp 120 amp hr battery for backup. Electrical is an issue due to stock alt. Can I go 4k big? Or should I stick to my plan with the rub2500? If I strap the AP I'm most likely looking at 2.5k anyway for only another 190 bucks, unclipped power. I like the AP but I know it sees nowhere neer 1800 more like 1200 unclipped at 12 volts. Budget it around 300 bucks.

Help me out I don't know if I should go for another audiopipe 1800 and strap them or get another amp entirely. I'm powering a skar audio ZVX-15 Dual 2 Ohm 1500 rms subwoofer 3" VC. Box around 4 cubes tuned to 40 hz. I was looking at the Soundstream 2500.1 but my buddy says to go big like a 4k amp. I'm a little skeptical to do this due to electrical issues with a honda civic. I have 2 batteries including a 1200 amp 120 amp hr battery for backup. Electrical is an issue due to stock alt. Can I go 4k big? Or should I stick to my plan with the rub2500? If I strap the AP I'm most likely looking at 2.5k anyway for only another 190 bucks, unclipped power. I like the AP but I know it sees nowhere neer 1800 more like 1200 unclipped at 12 volts. Budget it around 300 bucks.
I would not run over 1000w - 1200w rms without a H.O. alt upgrade on that car.

1st, run the same deep cycle AGM batts in front and rear to avoid charging discrepancies between batts and for max battery life.

2nd, With that high of a tuning, it would be cheaper to dump the inefficient sub and run a more efficient sub on the power you have in the large box you have. Possibly a touch bigger box, depending on the sub, to reap the huge benefits of a high efficiency sub. With a 3-5 db gain in sub efficiency, it will be possible to outperform your desire to double power, if you are smart enough to utilize it.

quit trying to run high powered junk and just play smart with better equipment, cause sometimes less is more.

just my .02

I would not run over 1000w - 1200w rms without a H.O. alt upgrade on that car.
1st, run the same deep cycle AGM batts in front and rear to avoid charging discrepancies between batts and for max battery life.

2nd, With that high of a tuning, it would be cheaper to dump the inefficient sub and run a more efficient sub on the power you have in the large box you have. Possibly a touch bigger box, depending on the sub, to reap the huge benefits of a high efficiency sub. With a 3-5 db gain in sub efficiency, it will be possible to outperform your desire to double power, if you are smart enough to utilize it.

quit trying to run high powered junk and just play smart with better equipment, cause sometimes less is more.

just my .02
I run 2 dd3512.s on a crescendo bc3500 with a 1/0 big 3 and a deka under the hood and and a 9a31 in back with no problems ..stock 125a alt ...i do however plan o buy a ho alt soon ...its holding up fine with no crazy voltage drop to speak of

I run 2 dd3512.s on a crescendo bc3500 with a 1/0 big 3 and a deka under the hood and and a 9a31 in back with no problems ..stock 125a alt ...i do however plan o buy a ho alt soon ...its holding up fine with no crazy voltage drop to speak of
then why do you need a H.O. alt? I was referring to running a daily set up, and did not say it cannot be done...I just advise against it. As long as you monitor the system closely and know when to use volume control to keep things stable, You can do that...but if you have to ask....

then why do you need a H.O. alt? I was referring to running a daily set up, and did not say it cannot be done...I just advise against it. As long as you monitor the system closely and know when to use volume control to keep things stable, You can do that...but if you have to ask....
That is my daily setup...wana bump my voltage up a lil bit so im not droppin past 13.8 or.so

That is my daily setup...wana bump my voltage up a lil bit so im not droppin past 13.8 or.so
brah, I am hearing you, but OP has a civic...what? A 70 - 80a factory alty? I would not run more than @ 1000w to 1200w (1500w total system power) on that thing daily You keep trying to compare a 75a alt to your 125a alt, and you are saying you need more alt, even....lol.. Not trying to argue but not wanting to confuse op either.

brah, I am hearing you, but OP has a civic...what? A 70 - 80a factory alty? I would not run more than @ 1000w to 1200w (1500w total system power) on that thing daily You keep trying to compare a 75a alt to your 125a alt, and you are saying you need more alt, even....lol.. Not trying to argue but not wanting to confuse op either.
My bad didnt see that ..i saw 120 amp guess that was his battery ..yea those things have no electrical to speak of

My bad didnt see that ..i saw 120 amp guess that was his battery ..yea those things have no electrical to speak of
right, a 125a alt on a civic is a H.O. alt..lol..the little civic hatch cars do have certain sonic qualities that are admirable though....and used correctly can have exceptional results.

Thanks for all the input guys! I'm going to sell the AP amp when I can and get a good 2500 watt amp most likely the SS. As far as getting a different subwoofer that would be stupid because I just bought a brand new Skar ZVX-15 1500 rms and I'm not going to sell it. I'm already at 145 db. I went from an Addictive Audio V3 to this and it's a huge improvement in every way. As far as getting a bigger box I say good luck fitting anything bigger than what I have in a 2004 civic sedan trunk. I am going to instal a 180 amp alt after the winter but my voltage never drops below 12.8 volts so it's not a dire need. Please don't bash on me I'm not talking trash on any of you I just want some friendly input that's all. Thanks everyone for posting.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

the rubi is a great amp...
Do you own?

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Oh yea ...if u cant get loud in a crx or civic hatch u should give up on life.lol
It's a sedan so not as easy but I still get loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.