Audiopipe amps vs Actual amps :P

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
Yep. I'm here. But for some information. As some of you know, I rock a ASPM-1500, which I love, its a good (Did I just say that?) amp for what you pay. Its pushing my OA15 nicely. But lately I've been intrigued in some actual under rated amps, by the big names. Question is what difference would I notice with a ASPM-1500 @ 1000 watts vs a "good" amp @ 1000 watts?

What can justify me spending basically double for a decent 1000 watt RMS amp to push my OA15?

Don't think you can get any simpler than that..

Question now is, how much should my budget be for a decent 700-800 watt RMS amp @ 1-2 ohms? I don't want to push my OA15 any farther.. I'm going to assume that a good amp @ 1 ohm is more efficient and sounds better than a 1000 watts coming from an Audiopipe amp @ 2 ohms?

I don't need absolutely high end amps, like SAZ, just something that is good, does what it does, but without paying a premium. Just like OA subs. Awesome quality and price!

$225ish? Maybe some links to amps?

RE Audio is good right? Found this 800 watt RMS amp for $190!

RE Audio DTS-1000.1 800 Watt RMS DTS Series Mono Car Amplifier Amp DTS1000.1 | eBay

Other, possibaly better options perhaps?

An oldskool A/B amp is going to sound the best, but draw the most current. They are the least efficient.

Class GH amp is going to sound close to A/B in quality and is a lot more effecient. Same with Class T, but I haven't seen many of those in car audio.

Class D amps are going to have the worst sound quality, but a high quality (read: expensive) amp usually has sound quality comparable to an A/B amp on a bad day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Macintosh, ARC Audio, Image Dynamics, Focal, Audison, Sundown, etc.

It really depends on how "SQ" you want to get. There is the ones I listed above, and then the quality starts going down from there - for the most part. Soundstream, Rockford, Phoenix Gold, etc.etc.

Yes, the DSC 1500.1D is the MB Quart Discus series. They are good amps, but I can tell a difference in SQ between my DSC1500.1D and a good quality A/B amp. Just slightly, but night and day better than AudioPoop

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.