AUDIOM3 - - Scammed me on 07 RE XXX

TreyE
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa
Well in february I bought a 2007 RE XXX D4 subwoofer off of him. After playing with it only in a home theater box and in my friends car once not even pushing it hard AT ALL I went to sell it as I have no use for it. I had a buyer lined up and was about to ship out but wanted to check coils before to be sure nothing was messed up (Im sure I didnt do anything as I have much experience with subwoofers and KNOW when something is wrong/being clipped).

Upon checking the coils one coil read NOTHING. Zero ohms. Not even a flicker of anything. The other coil was reading ~2.6ohms and was not very stable. Upon this happening I immediately contacted the buyer and told him that I was willing to sell to him cheap but he wanted to make sure they would still sell him a D4 recone. After talking to Greg at RE, he informed him that they never made a D4 for the newer style XXX's only for the 12 spoked older models.

After looking at his previous posts it looks like he had a few things go wrong.

Wow I thought this thread would get buried but I guess I was wrong anyway the biggest problem I have is crazy voltage drop (2600w on a stock 90amp alt). Also every time I try to push the sub hard I start to smell it and im wondering why? Ive heard that the new xxx has low thermal power handling but I dunno if its something else.
Also he had it at 1ohm not 2 as he thought which is probably why he started to smell ****. Right now Im just really pissed and want to give him his 90 lbs paper weight back. You pay shipping AUDIOM3. This just really pisses me off. I know you're in gainesville which isnt far. So come get your paper weight and give me my money back. You're lucky it didn't fvck up my friends amp which is only 2 ohm stable or we'd have a bigger problem on our hands. Ill provide pictures as soon as I get back home. Just heard back from buyer about them never making D4 so I thought Id post now. If you make this better I wont hold anything against you and will have this deleted.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Trey

I'll be back when this gets to page 31. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

vJ

Wow I thought this thread would get buried but I guess I was wrong anyway the biggest problem I have is crazy voltage drop (2600w on a stock 90amp alt). Also every time I try to push the sub hard I start to smell it and im wondering why? Ive heard that the new xxx has low thermal power handling but I dunno if its something else.
If your smelling somthing your clipping the **** out of ur sub... Not good at all... Clipping = heated voice coils = blown subs = sad
Think I saw a thread a couple weeks ago, he's already pulled this sub and is selling/sold it. lol
Yeah I got a solox give me a week or 2 and ill have another build log on here

Got rid of it quick eh? Wish I would have seen this before, let this be a lesson to everyone to have coil picture included with sale.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

Oh and it said 06 XXX build for this thread:confused:

fail-1.jpg

fail-boat.jpg

save

sexy-teen-bikini.jpg

Help me understand....

You bought it in Feb. You didnt test coils on arrival. Now the coils are not reading correctly. Because someone else did your homework and found out they didnt make a D4, you want your money back?

I can see where you are coming from but I believe you are gonna have to eat the cost on this one.

I dont have a car. I was using for home theater. And yes, how am I not going to believe its a D4? I didnt have my DMM until sale so I had no way to test borrowed my friends. I understand I am a little late but this is ridiculous. It is practically worthless now, and it wasn't even anything I did. Coils LOOKED perfect.

whats up with these threads about ppl wanting refunds after 4 months of having the product that THEY purchased and THEY didn't test upon arrival....

I am, no wait, I WAS a trustworthy guy. He had refs. I didnt have a DMM, I barely used it twice so no I would be happy with less than what I paid obviously but Im not going to eat all this money for doing nothing. How are you all going to say I am fully responsible for this? Thats stupid. If you didnt have proper equipment to test it then found out it was broken would you not do the same exact thing?

I dont have a car. I was using for home theater. And yes, how am I not going to believe its a D4? I didnt have my DMM until sale so I had no way to test borrowed my friends. I understand I am a little late but this is ridiculous. It is practically worthless now, and it wasn't even anything I did. Coils LOOKED perfect.
for the record, I understand that you are mad and you feel scammed. By his other post, that you are just now deciding to dig through, it looks as if he did try something shady.

At any rate, good luck with this.

I would be fine if he paid for a recone shipped to my house honestly. Ill eat the fee for someone to recone it, even though Im not even sure if that can be done.

ppl will learn when you buy something used always check it out throughly when you receive it. if not, months later you cannot expect a refund.

I am, no wait, I WAS a trustworthy guy. He had refs. I didnt have a DMM, I barely used it twice so no I would be happy with less than what I paid obviously but Im not going to eat all this money for doing nothing. How are you all going to say I am fully responsible for this? Thats stupid. If you didnt have proper equipment to test it then found out it was broken would you not do the same exact thing?
If you cant test it yourself, you go with a friend. If thats not available, shops charge a small fee for testing.

for the record, I understand that you are mad and you feel scammed. By his other post, that you are just now deciding to dig through, it looks as if he did try something shady.
At any rate, good luck with this.
Im not going to do private detective work on someone who has provided references. Maybe thats just me, but yes SORRY IM A LITTLE LATE. What else do you want me to say? Oh I was scammed, youre right nvm ill eat $400 for doing nothing.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

TreyE

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
TreyE
Tampa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies