Audiocontrol lc2i problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

titanle
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I installed a sundown 1500d and a dc sound lab level 4xl sub in custom ported enclosure in my s550. The problem is that at low volume the sub goes on and off. Sometimes the bass will hit super hard and then at times there will be no bass at all. Also at times if I turn the volume down I can hear a loud humming coming from the sub, like its hitting a constant note, just a loud buzz. If I mute the hu or change the song then the humming goes away.

My installer said its probably because at low volume certain points in the music are causin the loc to output extra bass and at other times no signal is being sent to it. He said he would have to adjust the sensitivity lower so it doesn't get the intermittent signal spike.

Any thoughts? Is he correct in the assumption that the loc needs adjustment?

Sounds like the problem is kinda all over the place. Maybe a bad ground? For the humming you might have a hard time getting rid of that. I used a lc6i for a month and it introduced some fuzz and whatnot, I wasn't impressed. Decided to just get a aftermarket HU and it solved all those problems.

And if the LOC needs adjustment, then just go adjust it up a lil bit. That wont harm anything, and might solve a problem.

I thought it was a bad ground as well but I checked to see where he had it grounded and its at the same place where the stock ground is. They're both connected to a chassis bolt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.