Audiobahn

I think you can get the JBL 1200.1 alot cheaper then that amp, and it will put out the same amount of power at 4 and 2 ohms. Unless, you need the bling-bling i would say go with the JBL 1200.1.

Originally posted by ridered36 I think you can get the JBL 1200.1 alot cheaper then that amp, and it will put out the same amount of power at 4 and 2 ohms. Unless, you need the bling-bling i would say go with the JBL 1200.1.

the jbl 1200.1 puts out a little over 600w rms@ 4ohms.......a little over 1200w rms@ 2 and 1 ohms......

Originally posted by Goddyd4me the jbl 1200.1 puts out a little over 600w rms@ 4ohms.......a little over 1200w rms@ 2 and 1 ohms......
when he said that, i think he was comparing the 1200.1 to the audiobahn, b/c their 4ohm and 2ohm loads are equal, but the audiobahn puts out 1800 @ 10hm

Originally posted by Rad ok so u think the audiobahn will be the boy to do the job?
At 3 ohms, they will probably both put out the same power, a little under 1kw. I don't think either amp is a good fit for those subs, as neither will power them as much as they should be.

Originally posted by snova031 At 3 ohms, they will probably both put out the same power, a little under 1kw. I don't think either amp is a good fit for those subs, as neither will power them as much as they should be.
true, but if you do get one of those 2, i would get the jbl

i don't know what type of box you're using, but if you make a large ported box, a jbl might bot be that bad b/c a subs power handling decreases the larger the box gets, especially ported. if you go ported, make sure to get a subsonic filter so you don't kill your subs.

Originally posted by violator5spd i don't know what type of box you're using, but if you make a large ported box, a jbl might bot be that bad b/c a subs power handling decreases the larger the box gets, especially ported. if you go ported, make sure to get a subsonic filter so you don't kill your subs.
Thats true. Thats the only bad thing about the 12001, lack of subsonic filter, but they can be found pretty cheap.

ok im not sure about this but wudnt the subs be 1.5 ohms at 1400w rms if they r wired in parrallel? sorry if im misstaken

and i dont mind payin the money for that audiobahn

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.