audiobahn or mtx

sound giant
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i just bought a audiobahn 1300hct 1200wrms amp specs: http://techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=7 i was wondering how good this amp is and if anyon has experienced it. i was goin to hook it up to a brahma 12". i also have an MTX 942 thunder amp here are the specs http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=8815&c=0411Smarter&b=Mtx_Thunder+942 my question is which do u think is the overall better amp? second which is better IYO for a brahma 12" ????

Because, would beg to differ.
Prove it. And not just "well I knew one kid who had a problem with his", but prove what actually makes them any less "quality" than Kicker. MTX put out their rated power and then some, they are great build quality wise, good support staff that backs them, etc etc.

I have a MTX 4122 on my front speakers. It is rated 30x2 at 12.2 volts. It's birthed at 57x2 at 12.2 volts. That says quality to me...

put in better terms to not hurt feelings.... MTX or Kicker> Audiobahn

both have been making quality, underated amps for some time, Kickers tighter dealer restrictions are most reason for price differences, although you can get'm pretty much everywhere

alright squeak, I hae nothin to prove that MTX is less quality than Kicker, but out of 6 people that run MTX, 2 of them have run into problems....I know I ran into problems from Adire too but all in all, I dont think is worth the hassle. Without being able to prove it, either MTX or Kicker will work!

alright squeak, I hae nothin to prove that MTX is less quality than Kicker, but out of 6 people that run MTX, 2 of them have run into problems....I know I ran into problems from Adire too but all in all, I dont think is worth the hassle. Without being able to prove it, either MTX or Kicker will work!
Theres nothing to prove- having owned , and still own , mind you some of both companies products, I've always liked Kicker better- its ok to have a preference

My MTX RT4240 has very lil' tolerance to running 2ohm stereo- would go into protect quite easily- Would turn the gains down, then it would barely push the speakers enough to compensate for what it did at 4ohms

My Kickers Zr never complains- 4ohm, 2.66ohm, 2ohm mono, and in my younger days hooking as many subs to it as I could probably had it in the 1ohm-0.5ohm range many times- I feel they build a better amplifier honestly

Heck I even have an RF Punch160a2 that has more guts than my Mtx and is rated lower- All in all its still going strong driving a 4ohm load, or bridged

I know its not fair to judge the whole company by one particular product, but hey thats all you can do , is offer your opinion based on your personal experience

apoc, did we not have this discusion last week in a thread when you made false accusations(?) about mtx amps.....you are acting very ignorant....cut it out, cause your wrong!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.