Audiobahn AW1200 single box

sullynole
10+ year member

sullynole
How does this box look for an Audiobahn AW1200? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079655134

If you know where I can get a cheaper/better box than that for one of these subs, let me know. I am looking for the bandpass, basically because I want to not have to worry about damaging the speaker at all since I use my trunk a bit. If you know of a very small sealed box though, that will keep my speaker safe enough to put stuff against the box and not take up much space, let me know too. Thanks.

It's a one size fits all box made out of particle board. I wouldn't buy it. Particle board lets air seep out. So basically it will never be sealed were it is supposed to. If you want a low priced box why dont you build one yourself. It is not hard to do and you can get the airspace that you need for your subwoofer. Oh and I like the choice of Sub. I have two in my 84 Ford Club Wagon and I can feel the Bass in the front seat. That is a little hard to do with just 2 12's in a van that size. Enjoy your sub.

OP
sullynole

sullynole
10+ year member

sullynole
Basically, i do not have the tools or space to build a box or i would love to. I am a college student in an apartment complex. I used to have two of these, but now I only want one because I have a much smaller car and would rather use my space and watts wisely. The guy says these boxes are 3/4 mdf, and the air space is pretty much exactly what i think I want for this sub, so it will do for me, but if you know of anyone willing to build a box that looks decent like that for cheap, I would be interested in the info. thanks.

yes, these things hit hard. i was surprised that they really don't need a lot of power either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.