audiobahn 12s compared to JLaudio W3s

highfiveforyou
10+ year member

nj
I need a honest opinon on this. Ok a few weeks ago i went out with my cousin who was having his boy pick us up to go chill, and on the way there he took out his head unit and i was amazed, cause i had no clue the car had a system in it so he proceeded to turn it on, once it started playing, it hit so hard i could barely breath, of course i was sitting in the back, but still. I had to look in the back so when we got to his house i went to take a peak at this hard hittin system. He had 2 audiobahn AW1200X hooked up to a cheap ass legacy amp rated for 1000 watts total hah, if they were only getting that much....but i was just wondering if my 2 JLaudio w3s 2 ohm DVC each in a 1.5cu sealed box powered by a 6500d mtx amp would hit any where near as hard as these audiobahns?

im not sure but if this helps i know autobahn has those dual stacked magnets which pretty much gives it all its power..... im not to sure what would happen unless you try it.... it might be worth it tho

I love my Audiobahns, so I don't know which of the two is the better choice. If you are looking for SPL then definitly go with the audiobahns but if you are looking for SQ then I would probaly go with the JLs.

civicryder has NO clue on what he is talking about!!!! just b/c a magnet is dounle stack doesnt mean it "hits harder" audiobahns if put in the right box will murder those jl's but dont get it twisted, those jl's will do some ****ge but the audiobahns will prevail in spl!

i agree it depends what you want...for anyone that doesnt know anything the audiobahns look like they would kill a jl.....spl wise at moderate power they prolly would but they sound so crappy(in my opinion alot of subs do so dont get mad or offended) to the trained ear....and for the $ you cant say thay are bad just dont expect them to sound good to anything but rap and music like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.