Audio tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list

jjswag38

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Currently running two 12 inch 4 ohm subs with a 1 channel mono block amp rated at 500w rms at 4 ohms and 900w rms at 2 ohms that has dual outputs so that you can connect 2 subs. And amp has been tuned to avoid clipping etc.
Questions

1: by connecting the subs to the 2 separate outputs, does the amp split the the 500w so each gets 250w? Or does each amp get 500w?

2 if I re wire the subs to become a final 2 ohms impedance, will this affect the tune on the amp

Most likely each sub gets 250W. Which amp?
Yes, you should reset the gains.
I suggest you wire the subs in parallel and bridge the output from the amp.

If Its a mono channel amp. That's 1 channel.
The 2 outputs on the amp are just for ease of use. They just split the output inside the amp to make it easier to hook up 2 subs.
So if your running 2 4ohm subs you can hook up one to each output on the amp and it will still be running at 2 ohms.
Usually (but not always) if its a multi channel amp then they label the outputs, Channel 1, Channel 2 , .....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.