Audio-Technica ATH M50 headphones Cheap!!

Towncar
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
who knows
Item(s) for Sale: Audio-Technica ATH M50

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Cosmetically They are 8.5 out of 10. NO serious scratches,no rips, no tears, pretty mint...

Price:

80 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

These cans dont need an introduction, but I will say a few things about them anyways. They are probably the best cans you can get for under 300. It easily out performs anything bose, or beats by dre has to offer by a long shot. Laid back set, wit great bass, that isnt muddy. These cans are easily powered by modest power such as a phone or ipod. I hate to let them go so cheap, but I already have another pair. This set is only a few months old. NO trades

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

IMG_20120801_140446.jpg

IMG_20120721_195845.jpg

IMG_20120725_162745.jpg

Over 550 reviews and these have received a 4.5 out of 5 on amazon.

Amazon.com: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones: Electronics

That really says a lot about how great these headphones are. As far as overall sound quality, these sound noticeably better than the Detox or Studio Beats by Dre, which are both over $300 online. Though these don't have a real noise cancellation feature, they do eliminate a lot of noise. You don't even have to be playing music, just put these on and lots of noise will be reduced. These headphones don't allow much music leakage, which is great for library or general public usage. Also, these headphones are built more durable than Beats by Dre, they'll hold up forever. Even at regular price($140 shipped online) these are a steal because they're better than most $400 headphones on the market. $80 is a really good price for these. If you're looking for some serious high quality headphones that will last, buy these!

thanks these are great headphones. the best I've owned.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the top rated headphone under $200 on Head-Fi.org, up against thousands of other headphones. Cheapest I've seen them new is $130. Great price, I may buy them if no one else does. Wish you were up for car audio trades lol

These are the top rated headphone under $200 on Head-Fi.org, up against thousands of other headphones. Cheapest I've seen them new is $130. Great price, I may buy them if no one else does. Wish you were up for car audio trades lol
Having heard alot of headphones I beg to differ, but this isnt the time nor place to discuss that.

Having heard alot of headphones I beg to differ, but this isnt the time nor place to discuss that.
How can you argue with a fact? I said that, on Head-fi.org, they are the top rated headphone under $200.
Like you said, for under $200. For under $200, you really can't get better headphones. Only other headphones I would possibly consider over these are the ATH-ANC7B's. Only reason I would consider those is because I travel a lot and they have a really good noise cancellation. But for under $200, I really don't think you could find a better pair. Like I said, these headphones sound better than some $400 headphones I've had a lot of experience with.

Like you said, for under $200. For under $200, you really can't get better headphones. Only other headphones I would possibly consider over these are the ATH-ANC7B's. Only reason I would consider those is because I travel a lot and they have a really good noise cancellation. But for under $200, I really don't think you could find a better pair. Like I said, these headphones sound better than some $400 headphones I've had a lot of experience with.
Well I was just stating fact. If you go to head-fi.org, you will see that they are the top rated headphone under $200. It's up to the consumer to make of that what they will.

Well I was just stating fact. If you go to head-fi.org, you will see that they are the top rated headphone under $200. It's up to the consumer to make of that what they will.
I'm very familiar with head-fi, but I'm speaking from personal experience as well. You're not gonna find better headphones for less than $200. That's a fact.

I'm very familiar with head-fi, but I'm speaking from personal experience as well. You're not gonna find better headphones for less than $200. That's a fact.
No it's not. I don't like the way M50s sound, and for $300(probably even $200) you could find something much better, especially when you're buying used.

To stop the argument short, you can't have possibly listened to every headphone under $200, and even if you have, your taste in musical reproduction is not the same as everyone else's.

The only reason that M50s have such a huge following is because it was a good, cheap headphone. Now that the price is up $50, I'd say that it's no longer "the best", and hardly a good option at all.

^^ Thanks for post dumping guys, I dont think there is a better set for under 300 personally, but I guess we are all entitled to our own decisions. If you are buying used, im sure you could find something better for 300, but you could say the same for car audio, or a used car, or anything else used. For under 200 brand new, nothing touches these.. These are fantastic headphones, and most will agree, especially for the money! I liked these much better than my beyerdynamic dt 770s I had, and over many other top headphones ive owned.

Anyways These are now SOLD

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Towncar

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Towncar
who knows
Start date
Participants
Who Replied