Audio Legion Amplifiers

SounDrive
Pro Seller

www.soundrive.audio
Lebanon, TN
With FSD Audio being discontinued (the FZ2600 and smaller are still available however), Audio Legion is now rolling out their larger amps. These amps have beefed up internals compared to the FSDs and will do more power, and do better when wired to .5. As always, these can be purchased on our web store at SounDrive Audio Store

These have already proven themselves to be a great performer for the price, especially the 3500.

Pricing including shipping:

AL3500 - $599.95

AL5000 - $899.95

AL6500 - $1499.95

AL8500 - $1899.95

So far, the 3500 and 6500 have both been put on the amp dyno at 1 ohm resistive, CERTIFIED.

3500 results: 4452 watts at 14.25v

6500 results: 6614 watts at 13.53v

nz0h9z.jpg

He hasn't said in this thread that it voids warranty. Most amp warranties are useless anyways because if you are burning stuff up on the board, they usually say "user error, not a manufacturer defect"..

I was looking for something along the lines of "one of the guys at the AL shop was doing .5 bass race runs with no issues, although we will NOT warranty that"... Something a little more hands on than "zenon = .5 all day"

I guess I'll find out tho, I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna buy one

He hasn't said in this thread that it voids warranty. Most amp warranties are useless anyways because if you are burning stuff up on the board, they usually say "user error, not a manufacturer defect"..
I was looking for something along the lines of "one of the guys at the AL shop was doing .5 bass race runs with no issues, although we will NOT warranty that"... Something a little more hands on than "zenon = .5 all day"

I guess I'll find out tho, I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna buy one
Several people are running the FSDs at .5 with success and the ALs have upgraded fets and caps compared to those... take that for what it's worth. Of course warranty is voided in those cases.

I will warn you that the AL3500 did pop on .5 resistive on the amp dyno (but that's a very demanding test), to get that low you'd have to be wired around .125, even being wired to .25 will rise well above that in most cases. If you have very low rise it would not be advisable to wire low.

If you decide to buy one let me know! Or of course you can purchase one from our store.

Did it protect or fry? And I'm definitely talking about nominal. Even 1ohm reactive is more stress generally than .5, in the past I've risen to 1.4-1.8 from .5

Did it protect or fry? And I'm definitely talking about nominal. Even 1ohm reactive is more stress generally than .5, in the past I've risen to 1.4-1.8 from .5
The fets fried. I'm not sure what it is about the amp dyno, but it seems to be better at frying amps without the protect kicking in than anything else I've seen. I guess it's not low enough of an impedance to cause the protect circuit to kick in instantly, but after a while of seeing a full tilt sine wave the amp doesn't like it. In a vehicle the protect circuit should definitely kick in first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.