AUDIO BRANDS. KNOWN BRANDS vs. LESS KNOWN BRANDS. for example jl or dd

drakeTHErake
10+ year member

i was wondering if anybody knows whats better for subwoofers the more mainstream brands or the underground type brands, like for the known; kicker, jl,alpine, orion, rockford fosgate, mtx, etc... vs the less known like; sundown, incriminator audio, dd, fli, earthquke sound, re audio, image dynamics, etc...

Mainstream, underground

who cares, just get whatever you can afford, and what fits your application...Brand name is irrelevant to a degree, because most places use the same build house, if not its the one right across the street from the other one..

I have an Fi Audio(an underground brand) in my truck and JBL's(a mainstream brand) in my car. Both sound great and get the job done. Just get what sounds good to you, fits where you want it to fit and fits your budget

underground seems to be more mainstream than mainstream now
It would seem that with in the "known community" you are correct. Of course once you venture out only a few "underground" companies still get mentioned.

underground seems to be more mainstream than mainstream now
It only seems mainstream to us. Got to a random shop and see how many people know of DC, Sundown, etc. Local people are fed Kicker, Alpine, MTX, JL their whole lives. Unless you happen to live close to a dealer or get on the forums, you don't know about all this stuff we think is common.

It only seems mainstream to us. Got to a random shop and see how many people know of DC, Sundown, etc. Local people are fed Kicker, Alpine, MTX, JL their whole lives. Unless you happen to live close to a dealer or get on the forums, you don't know about all this stuff we think is common.
fair enough. but still......

Im about to go stupid silly with my build. might be a waste of money but im about to try a newer company out. wish me luck lol

fair enough. but still......Im about to go stupid silly with my build. might be a waste of money but im about to try a newer company out. wish me luck lol
That awesome FLXX company?! I heard they were incredible.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

I can tell you that "lesser known" subs have won ALL of the WGCI shows for the last 4 years. It's fun rolling into these shows with our "flea market" junk and turning heads and taking the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.