Audio box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Backfire

CarAudio.com Newbie
My 16 year old Grandson and I are installing a subwoofer in his truck. Needless to say we are rookies at this. We have watched numerous YouTube videos and think we have a grasp on most of the installation but need help on right sizing the box and which type of box would work best in his truck. We think the the speaker needs to be mounted facing up but can’t determine how much space is needed below the magnet And above the speaker. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F-150 Extended Cab
Location in Vehicle: Underneath drivers side back seat. It folds up.
Space Available: 14 inches wide x 12 inches Deep x 7 inches tall
Subwoofer Make and Model: JL Audio 10 inch 10W1v2-4 4 ohm subwoofer
Subwoofer Size: 10 inch
Number of Subwoofers: 1
Type of Box sealed or ported. Not sure which would work best in truck

Type of Music: Rap
SPL or Everyday Music: Everyday Music
Tuning Frequency: ?
Volume: ?

Need more space for a 10. Even sealed that’s pretty small. Ported will work best so definitely need more space. Is 7” all the height available?
Firing sub up into the seat or down fire (I’ve tried both In my truck)isn’t the best way to go.Firing forward port passenger side with the port close enough to load off the door would be more ideal.

Need more space for a 10. Even sealed that’s pretty small. Ported will work best so definitely need more space. Is 7” all the height available?
Firing sub up into the seat or down fire (I’ve tried both In my truck)isn’t the best way to go.Firing forward port passenger side with the port close enough to load off the door would be more ideal.
First thanks for your response. 7” is max without raising seat. We could increase the depth from 12 to 14. The box would protrude from under the seat. Is there a program or app that can calculate the box internals.

Ultimate car audio app. It’s a $1 but a very good app. Box is still small too but you’ll find that out with the app.
What amp are you using? Is that a 150 watt rms sub, single 4 ohm voice coil ,9.5 mm Xmax, 25.24 fs .405 qts ring a bell? or did I pull up the wrong one? Looks like the one I’m looking at would make a nice little home theater sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Backfire

CarAudio.com Newbie
Backfire
Prairieville
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from