Audi A4 Amp Install

Isn't the battery under the back seat in Audis? There should be a way to get it to the trunk without drilling a hole if it is. If it is under the hood just slice the grommet slready there for the car electric equipment and run your cable through it and just seal it up when you are done unless you are running a really large cable you should be able to, I have never had a problem doing this with 4GA

I think the older Audi's have their batt's in the trunk mine is under the hood. I will probably go with cutting the current grommet and inserting the wire. 4 gauge is good for 1200 watt system right?

Isn't the battery under the back seat in Audis? There should be a way to get it to the trunk without drilling a hole if it is. If it is under the hood just slice the grommet slready there for the car electric equipment and run your cable through it and just seal it up when you are done unless you are running a really large cable you should be able to, I have never had a problem doing this with 4GA
The newer models are under the window cowl. There should be plenty of options for the wire travel other than drilling holes. I'm not familiar with the A4's though.

If you are feeding power to more than one amp, it's best to run 0 gauge to the battery and 4 gauge from the distro black to each amp. You don't want to run 4 gauge from the battery to the back and then split that between the amps.

i would just try to fill the hole in the amp.. if its a 4ga hole get that, if it can take 1ga. use that. If you ever plan on adding a 2ch,4ch, or another mono amp for different subs, you might want to go ahead and run 1ga. to split it like the man above me said.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.