Assembling/diassembling aeroports with flares question

Participant count
  • Participant list

95Prober
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Hey guys

I installed a couple of 6" aeroports with flares on both ends. I may be building another and want to reuse them down the road I used the PVC cement/epoxy and Im sure it would be impossible to remove the flares from the actual tubing. So I assume Ill have to cut the center tube in half. Must I make the cut closest to one of the flared ends? If so, what should I use to reattach everything assuming the flares cant be taken apart?

Thanks

Packing tape or duct tape works for me. I also trimmed the one side on mine so i could slide it through the hole with it assembled.

Yeah I know. I glued my flares on the ports per the instructions, but not I think I shouldnt have. I cant take them apart I believe now, correct?

I think duct tape would stick much better wouldnt it?
well if there pvc ports then that bond is solid and there is nowhere to take it apart at seeing as pvc cement turns the plastic to liquid form and allows the two pieces to bond, good news is if you cut it apart and put a couple reference marks to line the pieces back up the same glue that screwed you can save you use the pvc primer and a small amount of glue line up the marks then pull tape over the top and along the length of it to secure it while the cement sets up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

95Prober

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
95Prober
Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date