As Much As I Hate VS Threads What Would You Do

nkrell11
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright so I am looking to upgrade from my saz-1500 to something a little larger to power my SA-12's. I will be wired to 1 ohm will also beef up the electrical as well I'm currently looking at a DD M2A, an AQ 2200 or possibly a GP3K all are similarly priced. My main question is will there be a very noticeable difference between any of these amps compared to the Saz-1500. Which would you choose and why also feel free to add any other suggestions you may have I wouldn't mind going sundown again kind of just looking to try other things though.

With the 3k you probably would, but I don't know if I would put 1500W to an SA-12 daily. You're approaching the point where you will want bigger or beefier subs if you want to add power and have a noticable difference. But I vote the AQ.

With the 3k you probably would, but I don't know if I would put 1500W to an SA-12 daily. You're approaching the point where you will want bigger or beefier subs if you want to add power and have a noticable difference. But I vote the AQ.
Probably wouldn't throw the full 3k to them probably around 2500 rms the 3k would just give me room to upgrade in the future. Personally I am leaning towards the DD for the record.

Probably wouldn't throw the full 3k to them probably around 2500 rms the 3k would just give me room to upgrade in the future. Personally I am leaning towards the DD for the record.
Isn't the DD only a couple hundred more watts than the SAZ you have now?

It's rated for 1700 however I have heard they do in the 2k range maybe I misheard just looking for some imput plus I hear they do extremely well wired to .5.

It's rated for 1700 however I have heard they do in the 2k range maybe I misheard just looking for some imput plus I hear they do extremely well wired to .5.
Yeah you probably won't hear a difference there, and possibly not with the AQ. What are you looking to get out of this? Do you plan on purchasing bigger subs after this amp purchase? If so, look for 3k's or 3.5k's. Don't mess around with 3-700W more than you have now. Go bigger, do it right the first time.

Just looking for louder than what I have now and hoping to do it without a full rebuild right away I mean 2 2200's would be nice but of course I can't exactly afford 2 right now. Oh also forgot about powerbass 3k as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.