Are these Polk and PPI amps the same?

My understanding is that PPI Phantom, Polk D class, NVX D Class, and Soundstream Tarantula share board or board designs. However, the internal components may not be the same. At PasMag they tested Polk and PPI 4-channels. While their RMS output was similar, Polk's THD shot up to 0.5% at like 80watts. It's not clear if this is because of variability in production or the internal components are different. The Soundstream TN and PPI Phantom are supposed to be the same amp according to PPI Phatom and Black Ice discussion on DIYMA. These are good budget amps IMO. I would have preferred Alpine MRX series, but at the price of $200+/-30 nothing beats these. Onlinecarsteo has the Soundstream TN4.900D on sale for $200 right now.

I'm looking at 4 channel class D amps and these 2 on SonicElectronics look remarkably the same:
Precision Power PPI P900.4 (p9004) 4-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier

Polk Audio PA D4000.4 (PAD4000.4) 800W RMS 4-Channel Car Amplifier

Same price, very similar end panels and specs. I'm wondering if they're the same amp inside? And does one brand have a better rep than the other?
the only resemblance between the PPI and the Polk is the external screwdriver slots. The PPI is considerably underrated and IMO, by far the best class D 4 ch amp you can buy right now ($ to performance wise)

The NVX JAD800.4 shares much of the same specs and same looks as the Polk.

the only resemblance between the PPI and the Polk is the external screwdriver slots. The PPI is considerably underrated and IMO, by far the best class D 4 ch amp you can buy right now ($ to performance wise)
The NVX JAD800.4 shares much of the same specs and same looks as the Polk.
Thanks bruh. I also noticed that the PPI is spec'ed at both 12 and 14V power. Methinks I'll be ordering one today.

It suprised me tho that the layout of the end panels is virtually identical.

Edit: Crap. Out of stock. Figures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Thanks bruh. I also noticed that the PPI is spec'ed at both 12 and 14V power. Methinks I'll be ordering one today.
It suprised me tho that the layout of the end panels is virtually identical.

Edit: Crap. Out of stock. Figures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

WoofersEtc.com - P900.4 - Precision Power 4-Channel 900 Watt Max Class D Amplifier

PPI Phantom Class D P900.4 4-Channel 145 x 4 | Easy Way Electronics, Inc.

Precision Power P900.4 Class D Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

gut shot:

IMG_7563.jpg

I got the full range class D bug a couple years ago and went with a Lanzar Opti4x400d.

I've really liked the amp if for no other reason than it's tiny and powerful.

I think it has dropped a channel though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I have a lot of interest in all these amps, I just wish there were a lower tier in terms of power/price. I'm only looking for ~200-250 x 2 bridged and would like to find an option around $150.

I got the full range class D bug a couple years ago and went with a Lanzar Opti4x400d.I've really liked the amp if for no other reason than it's tiny and powerful.

I think it has dropped a channel though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I have a lot of interest in all these amps, I just wish there were a lower tier in terms of power/price. I'm only looking for ~200-250 x 2 bridged and would like to find an option around $150.
PPI is still about the closest you will find at 200x2 for $160 here:

Precision Power PPI P600.2 (p6002) 2-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier

or $129 here:

Precision Power P600.2 600W RMS 2-Channel Phantom Series Class D Full Range Amplifier - P6002

Onlinecarstereo.com has the P600.2 for $140 right now. It's is a reputable vendor. Good deal IMO. They also have the 4-channel and mono block for about $200 (could be the Soundstream "edition" of this)

I've been hearing phenomenal things about the PPI Phantoms. TaylorFade loved his. They were entirely sold out for a couple months, so they can't be too bad :p

Personally, I love my ARC KS300.4. I was looking for a phantom for a couple months and couldn't find any in stock, or anyone that wanted to sell theirs. So this little guy isn't too bad, I mean, it's ARC after all...

Ordered the 900.4 from Onlinecarstereo. Never dealt with them before, so I called first to have them check stock. Saved $20 over Sonic's price too. Woohoo.

I've been hearing phenomenal things about the PPI Phantoms. TaylorFade loved his. They were entirely sold out for a couple months, so they can't be too bad :pPersonally, I love my ARC KS300.4. I was looking for a phantom for a couple months and couldn't find any in stock, or anyone that wanted to sell theirs. So this little guy isn't too bad, I mean, it's ARC after all...
those little Arcs are some real nice amps, but unless space is an issue, you can get one of those bad *** Zuki Eleets 4 channels for a few bucks more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.