Are these micro amps worth it?

The amp for my mids and highs is bigger than my subwoofer amp

I would look into a nice 2 way component set and 2 channel class a/b to compliment those. Plus deadening in your doors. But that's just what I would do

They're better than a head unit's amplifier by a lot. The XC1410 is really well built, as is the whole XC line of amplifiers. Run a 10 ga wire to the battery, tuck the amp behind the dash, make a new ground and tap into the factory speaker wires behind the head unit and you're done. The problem here is you have nothing to show off.

I researched the alpine. It looks like it uses all the factory wiring. To include the ground and power wire that powers the headunit. How can it possibly put out the power it says while pulling power from a 16 gauge wire? Or whatever a stock headunit runs.

Might pick one up someday for the wife's car, but going to skip for me.

I'm using the Alpine. It tucks nicely inside the console where the factory amp once resided. Works like a champ. I'm running a 400 watt mono amp in the trunk driving a Infinity Reference 12" DVC sub. Together the work well.

I think I'm going to try the Clarion one. I like the fact that they want a separate #12 or #10 run to the batt unlike the Alpine.

The Clarion also has a ground isolation circuit. I need just a little more output up front.

Clarion is the better overall option of those two. However, we have installed many of the Alpine's over the years. Work rather well with no real issues.

I installed the alpine mini amp in my daughters car with new alpine type S 6.5's in front and 6x9's in rear.

Def gave a boost in sound/power and you can tell it's not just running off of HU power.

Don't expect miracles though, I would only use them if you are OK with with running things off of HU power but want that extra edge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.