are SUV's bad for sound quality?

and manuals are way better for sq, the bass bounces off the clutch then the fly wheel and hits you right in the face... but the car/suv has to be rwd
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

maybe they're bad for SQ because the passenger-door speaker is in a different zip-code than the driver. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

A Jeep Liberty is not that big. In fact, it's considered a small SUV-- right there with RAV4's and CRV's.

I totally agree that this Tweeter guy is full of monkey dong------ but here is my plan---- the exec. from Tweeter says he wants his best installer (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif ) in Columbia, MD to take a look and see if he can figure out what the problem is.

(And the problem is that these Polk's sound like ABSOLUTE CRAP) So I said FINE, even though I've tried EVERYTHING possible, and had tweeter already look at it where I live.

Then, once the guy can't make them sound good--- WHICH I KNOW HE CANT----- I am 1st going to ask him to hook up a brand NEW alpine amp to them. If they still ****, then I want a refund on everything--- the Polks, the eclipse amp, the wires, the alpine head unit--- and for them to put back in my stock radio.

For over $1,000 spent this is rediculous. Thanks for the input. I will be sure to call him a dumb ass on you allz behalf for his SUV SQ comment.

Sounds to me like they dont know what they are doing. I am guessing this Tweeter store is like best buy or circuit city? If so they take it to a local car audio shop. They are more professional and should be more knowledgable then them guys at tweeter. Those polk audios should sound pretty good.
Actually thats not true...I worked at tweeter for awhile...we all have to go through a lot of training by "Professionals" Which they do know what they are talking about. But some guys just say stuff because they are dickless and they want to be cool. Tweeter carries great equipment and has good installers...at least we did...but most of the time the guys when it comes to car audio usually don't know what there saying because they don't have a lot of hands on experiance...!

And those Polk Momo Speakers are probably the best speakers in that price...I don't care what ne one says they are just amazing speakers! Been runnin' mine for a little while and they impress me every time I listen to them!

I agree 100%----- the polk Momo 6.5" sound great in the SHOWROOM------ it's just that they sound like GARBAGE in my Jeep. It's like night and day listening to those polk's in the showroom, and then in my jeep (which does have dynamat) :goodorbad

I'm curious. What have you done to ensure the speakers sound like cr ap in the Jeep? When you are in the car have you tried listening to just one speaker or the other? Is there a lack of low end response? What is it that is lacking in sound quality?

SUVs aren't bad at all for SQ.

I've tried everything possible. I've had gain set wide open, and almost shut. I like to keep the amount of noise allowed to enter the system (gain) in the middle.

I h ave high pass set to about 120-130Hz. I have low pass set to 80Hz. I have bass set to -1 on my head unit. And I have even tried turning it all the way down to -7 but it still doesnt help the Polk's out.

I have treble set to +2. Again, I've even tried turning treble all the way up to +6 but the Polks still sound like garbage.

I have BBE set to off. I have tried using BBE but I dont like it. I have my bass emphasis set to 80Hz on the head unit. I have treble emphasis set to 10,000Hz.

I have my subwoofer set to moderate levels. It has its own amp (Rockford 500 PUNCH amp) and that sounds great. I have tried listening to the Polks with the Kicker turned off, but the Polks still sound like liquid chit.

I will give the tweeter guy a chance to mess around with it and try to fix them. If he can't, I would like to see what happens if we hook up a brand new Alpine amp to them. if they STILL sound like crap, I am going to ask for a refund on the Polks and Eclipse amp and for them to put back in my factory head unit and factory speakers.

I have a 5 year warranty on both the Polks and Eclipse, but why would I want replacements for them--- when the same exact situation could come up? I dont think tweeter stands behind their products. I understand that they want to resolve this situation "in house' and keep me happy as a customer---- but the bottom line is that every day that goes by with these CRAPPY polks in my car, it makes me hate Tweeter more, it makes me hate Polk, and it makes me hate eclipse as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.