are eq's /Processor's needed ?

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
hi guys,

im slowly getting my system together and was looking at eq's and processor's and was wandering when does one need to get something like this ??

whats good ( remember im disabled so not much money ) but i dont want junk ether.

what is your opinion on this ?

80prs. End thread. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

I think its so funny seeing people throw so much money into amps and subwoofers and then cheeping out on the head unit.

well i have a good h/u a alpine and like it.

so next...........

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

so next...........

i was just thinking, are you telling me that radio is better then getting a dedicated eq or processor ?

ya i do like my alpine its a older radio ( cda-7894 )

but like i said was thinking for the price of some of these processor i could get that h/u.

it would be hard ripping out a great working h/u just for another unit.

but..... if your telling me it would be better then ill think about it for sure...

i just want the best sound i can get for my money.

The 80 PRS has all the processing built in, thats why he said that.

You can get an Alpine processor like a PXA- H701 (and the separate controller) to use with your current HU, but that will cost twice what an 80 PRS would set you back.

The 80 PRS has all the processing built in, thats why he said that.
You can get an Alpine processor like a PXA- H701 (and the separate controller) to use with your current HU, but that will cost twice what an 80 PRS would set you back.

ya the more i think about it, the 80 prs is sound good. and like you said it would be cheaper .

well i have a good h/u a alpine and like it.so next...........

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

so next...........

ya the more i think about it, the 80 prs is sound good. and like you said it would be cheaper .

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

ya ya ya , i get it lol........

well i was not planing of changing my h/u as i do like it and works great. but was thinking about these eq's and or processors and did not even think ( h/u ).

but your right for what i would spend on a stand alone unit i could get a brand new h/u and plus i could go active down the road with my system.

so i could kill 2 birds with 1 stone lol..

thanks and im sorry if i came off ****** with that comment i was just saying a have a nice h/u, that's all.

The 80prs has many processor like tuning features but it's not a full on processor. It's 16bands on average shy and cannot run 3way plus sub. It can only phase shift the sub, has some slope options but not enough.

The 80prs has many processor like tuning features but it's not a full on processor. It's 16bands on average shy and cannot run 3way plus sub. It can only phase shift the sub, has some slope options but not enough.

ok what should i do ??

im not looking to compete. i just want something to get better sound.

so should i get 80 prs or a stand alone unit ?

im only looking to spend about $300 or less...

ok what should i do ??
im not looking to compete. i just want something to get better sound.

so should i get 80 prs or a stand alone unit ?

im only looking to spend about $300 or less...
If you are not going to compete the 80 will get you some but with what you have now it's not worth it.

If you like the Alpine head unit and want to keep that basic feel, you can do an Imprint ready head unit (CDA-105 & up, iirc) and add a PXA-H100 to it. That's a very good little processor that allows you two automatically set up curves in addition to being able to set time alignment, EQ, etc manually. I use the CDA-9886 in my truck with a PXA-H100 and have for years. I've also seen a few CDA-9887s on this forum lately and they have the processor built into them.

I have a CDA-105 that needs a new usb plug and I know you can buy a PXA-H100 used for $75.00-$100.00 if you look. If you're interested, I'll install a new usb plug on the 105 I have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.