Arc Audio X2 12 sub - Looking for more

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm not against that. Any suggestions? I keep going back to possibly a JL 12w6 in their HO box (I believe it'll be a perfect fit), or a 12w7 in a custom box, with a JL XD1000 amp.

Sundown SA12 on a 1,500 watt amp. The Sundown SIA 1750 (Down4Sound) would be a good choice for the sub amp.

Or maybe go with the JL 1000/5 to power everything? Get a little bump in power to my comps and have more power for a sub? Or would that not be enough to power a 12w6?
The JL 1000/5 would be a little more power to the subs but less to the comps then what you have now.

If you wanted more output but still wanted it to remain a sound quality based build then talk to your box builder and see if he could build a box based around something like an Adire Audio Brahma, Dayton Ultimax, or SI SQL.

If mounting depth becomes an issue (I know truck boxes/builds can be picky) then you might be looking at just running multiple 8s or 10s that are more shallow.

or a 12w7 in a custom box, with a JL XD1000 amp.
The 12W7 along with the HD750/1 is a great combination. I have this setup in a sealed box and it is powerful. It was also quite easy on the electrical sytstem, never drained my battery. Roof flex as much as my current setup of 2 sealed 12s with a 2k watt full bridge amp which has drained my battery a few times now. The w7 plays great from rebassed to metal. Price is an issue but worth it IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...