ARC Audio BLACK SERIES!!!! Coming soon to a dealer near you!!

I'm not so sure I'd say they're the same. Though, I acknowledge the price differential is pretty daunting and I'd like to see that price justified.

I have no issue at all with a mfg paying another company to design their product. As long as they don't try to pass it off as something it's not. So far, I've not seen Arc pretend these aren't designed by SB. Their press release referenced "Scan Speak Revelator Engineers"; if you are aware of the situation involving SB then you know SB was founded by former SS employees. Alpine contracted SS for the F1 drivers as well as Vifa. MANY of your favorite 'car audio' speakers use the same chinese build house. They call them up, tell them what they want, and boom... new forum boner. It happens more than you're aware, even though people like to pretend they already know it all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And, honestly, I don't mind... as long as the product is good and does what I need it to.

Anyway, the specs still do look very similar. I'm hoping to get one of the Black 6.0's to test so we can lay some of this to rest. I don't really give a **** how a speaker tests. I don't have any agenda and to be real, fudging klippel data is pretty hard and would not go unnoticed. I just want to help people understand what they're hearing so they can make more informed purchases (notice I didn't say "smarter" purchase). I realize sound quality is subjective. Unfortunately, people use that as a crutch to dismiss data. If they'd take the time to study some data they may realize there's a common thread to what they like and don't like. Hell, T/S and impedance alone can tell you a lot about a driver if you choose to look past Fs and Qts.

- Erin

I agree with Erin, plus you will not be able to buy these on the forums new unless someone tran ships them which arc would drop the dealer.

These are not really for most guys on here, most like loud speakers and major bass. These are more for the guys that like to spend $$$ on more of the front stage, we all know subs are the least important speaker in the system, it plays the small range of freqs also.

^^^^^ FUNNY

Hey bikinpunk.

Are you saying that buying a high priced rebadge speaker vs a raw drivers from a high end company as SB Acoustics , that there isn't a difference except in price!!

What you guys arn't getting is that ARC only has to convince 1 ingorant person to pay 500$ for a pair of mids instead of selling 15 pairs at a reasonable price to make the same profit. They do less legwork and see the same $$$

^^^^^ FUNNY
Hey bikinpunk.

Are you saying that buying a high priced rebadge speaker vs a raw drivers from a high end company as SB Acoustics , that there isn't a difference except in price!!

Did you even read what I posted?

doesn't mean there better as well..

there is no cone technologies to avoid beaming..

why worry about inductance?

xmax is 5,75mm

I could design a xbl mid with 10mm xmax nearly 2x the motor strength and inductance as well as cone tech for that price!

doesn't mean there better as well..there is no cone technologies to avoid beaming..

why worry about inductance?

xmax is 5,75mm

I could design a xbl mid with 10mm xmax nearly 2x the motor strength and inductance as well as cone tech for that price!
Doesn't mean they arn't either, you don't know ****. Basing how a driver will sound by how it looks is ******* retarded

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Florida Rep

10+ year member
Florida Rep
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from