ARC Audio BLACK SERIES!!!! Coming soon to a dealer near you!!

Obviously if you are complaining about the price you are not in the intended market for these. Do they sound good? Probably. No spec or picture of them will tell you that though.
What is their "intended market"? When I looked up the dealers they have in FL, their Orlando dealer is located in the hood. They definitely won't sell much of this product. The "rep" in Florida for Arc Audio according to their website is Ray Woodall. To my surprise he's also the rep for many other states, because he's part of a marketing group (Integrity Marketing Group) that was hired by Arc Audio to boost interest in their products.

So remind me why CA.com allows a known employee of a marketing group (who pushes Arc Audio in every post he makes) to continue posting his product placement "advice"

ive been wondering that myself... with the way he pushes arc in almost every post, i would think a vendor status would be required
they made me pull my phone number and at home enclosure and fiberglass fabrication business name out of my signature (almost the same size as yours is) but yet he's allowed to post advertising arc audio every post?

Oh I agree that is the OP's M.O. and it isn't allowed per forum rules. That's funny the shops are in the ghetto. Probably would do better with PA speakers under the hood and 28 tweets per door than selling $700 components.

My name is Don Lester. I do work for IMG & I'm the rep for Florida. I also rep several other great companies like Focal, Mosconi, Audio system, Hushmat, Blackhole, TORC.

As far as Audio Revolution being in the ghetto? I'm not sure were your from, but it's not a bad area. If you think that's the case, you should get out more. They do EXCELLENT work, care about the customers & do the job RIGHT! That's what I care about!

Not everyone can afford a Lambo, Mercedes, BMW. I understand that. But have you ever driven a BMW? I've owned one & it drives like a dream. I NOW understand why people pay money for them. I did not like the maintenance so I sold it.... You cannot judge a book by it's cover & nothing from a pic will tell you what they sound like. The price cannot tell you that either. Even when someone comes on the forum & says their great/horrible.... Use YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT & EARS!!!

If you've ever owned a quality Arc product, you know how well their products perform. So these are no different & will be worth every bit of the price... but please use your ears, see them in person & then give me feedback. Until then, you can only speculate on what they "MIGHT/MIGHT NOT" do....

As far as the "Vendor" membership, I know I'm walking a thin line. BUT I have no gain outside of Florida, I will NOT sell to consumers & I just want people (AVERAGE CONSUMERS) to make the right choices. I hate to see people recommend JUNK, NO WARRANTY, cheapest way out solutions to everything. Because over time, these consumers will never buy another stereo, because they were recommended junk product, poor installations, etc (I love DIYers BUT not everyone can DIY correctly!!)

^^^^^

Is that Midrange or Midbass??

$750 is very expensive for a pair of mids.

if you know what your are looking for a in Qts,Qes,fs,etc..., you could find the right speaker for your doors without the heavy price.

Your install is greater than the speaker, yes i said it.

I would like to compare the SB Acoustics $64 mids to those ARC $500 mids.

I bet tonality they come pretty close.

I'm a DIYer so buying a caraudio speaker at a higher price doesn't make it a better speaker.

Care to expand on how those mids warrant the price compared to the SB Acoustic line of speakers? Details on motor technology and such would be a plus if you're trying to market these as high quality speakers.

Care to expand on how those mids warrant the price compared to the SB Acoustic line of speakers? Details on motor technology and such would be a plus if you're trying to market these as high quality speakers.
It's probably in the suspension. A stiffer suspension to work in an IB setup, like the factory location in a door, while maintaining good efficiency & the characteristics of the home audio equivalent isn't easy. Likewise, the materials used will have to be able to cope with a hot/cold, dry/wet, & vibration prone environment that's in a car. Furthermore, the car environment is a noisy one and these speaker will have to withstand a lot more power to overcome normal road noise, which the home audio equivalents are not.

Basically, they have to toughen up the home audio version without losing any fidelity.

This is why there are $1,000+ speakers on the market and it's why most, if not all, sound phenomenal while being very durable. I'm not speaking on Arc's behalf, I've never seen/heard them, but in my dealings with higher end car electronics I understand where these premium prices come from. I also expect the component set, with passives, to be right around $1k and in-line with the likes of the higher end speakers sets on the market. The uber-premium $2-3k drivers are more of a halo product and/or experiment. Those manufacturers do not expect to sell lots of those sets, maybe a dozen, but they do expect having such products in their lineup to help drive customers into their lower-end "bread and butter" speakers. It makes an awareness and gives customers the perception of having something tied to a very exclusive and advanced product.

Not quite as simple as "it's overpriced".

Even so, if a dealer has a $1k set of Arc components on their display you'd be surprised at how that can be used as a selling tool to move their lower lines. Most manufacturers, even outside of the world of audio, have done something like this is the past.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Florida Rep

10+ year member
Florida Rep
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from