AQ3500 pertect

SMS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
i just set up a aq3500, running it at 2.8 nominal dropped to 12.9v and it went into pertect. i have a 240a alt and 2 batteries. the only thing that im thinking could be wrong is that it has dual inputs and i didnt the same wire throughout- one input has 0g cca the other has 2g welding leads. also im running a 175a fuse and a 150a fuse. im thinking that really dont matter cause im wired pretty high and watching my voltage drop- 12.9 really isnt that low. does the aq pertect easy?

ill be upgrading my electrical over the winter so i can bring it down to 1 ohm.

thanks for any suggestions

You've got something set wrong or a defective/broken amp. At 2.8 ohm nominal/12.9 v, with a 240A alty and 2 batteries, that amp should NOT go into protect if everything is set up correctly.

Check and re-check all of your connections, grounds, etc... Get out your volt meter and clamp if you've got one and start testing everything to see where the issue is.

yeah thats what im thinking. not 100% sure on the lpf and subsonic because its like 10 on one end and 250 or whatever on the other. i tried to set the lpf to 75-90 area and subsonic at 30. idk

LPF won't affect the protection issue. The subsonic might if your sub is having issues already.

If you have a friend that can lend you a sub for testing, see if it will do the same with a different subwoofer.

Also, double check your grounds (would start here first).

When you say the voltage drops into the 12's that seems a bit steep for your setup. Seems there is a wiring issue some where. Also, where are you measuring the voltage at? If it is not at the amp, that would be something to check as well.

No way you should be dipping to 12.9 with a 240a alt and 2 batteries. i ran a bc3500 wired to 1 ohm with a 220a alt and 3 batts and never dipped below 13.6 or .7 playing full tilt. somethings wrong

No way you should be dipping to 12.9 with a 240a alt and 2 batteries. i ran a bc3500 wired to 1 ohm with a 220a alt and 3 batts and never dipped below 13.6 or .7 playing full tilt. somethings wrong
Remember there are a few things going on here.

1. 2 totally different amps

2. 2 totally different vehicles

Which means your situation and his are no where close to the same. So what worked for you may or may not work for others. (even if you had the same amp which these 2 are totally different)

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Send amp in for repair sounds like ot is drawing waay too much power for the load
Seems a little premature to suggest the amp is damaged wouldn't you think? Why waste funds on shipping and a bench test fee if the amp is just fine?

Trouble shoot the situation first, then move on to correcting the issue(s) you find.

Remember there are a few things going on here.1. 2 totally different amps

Which means your situation and his are no where close to the same. So what worked for you may or may not work for others. (even if you had the same amp which these 2 are totally different)

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Seems a little premature to suggest the amp is damaged wouldn't you think? Why waste funds on shipping and a bench test fee if the amp is just fine?

Trouble shoot the situation first, then move on to correcting the issue(s) you find.

that is true, its just he even wire to pretty much 3 ohms and it dropped that bad. but your right his alt might only charge at 13.5 or something

Remember there are a few things going on here.1. 2 totally different amps

that is true, its just he even wire to pretty much 3 ohms and it dropped that bad. but your right his alt might only charge at 13.5 or something

i was really laying into it- pretty much a 15 second 32Hz burp but i was watching the voltage the hole time and although i have a good alt i have a hc1800 under the hood and a little shuriken in the trunk. alt charges at 14v.

but, ive brought my IA20.1 and M1c down to high 10v on 30 second average without issue.

yeah rabbit a got a few subs, ill try that, may be my only hope. yes i checked the voltage on the amp inputs.

guess these things happen buying used.

thanks for the help guys

Swap out the 2ga for 0 and see if helps ...it didnt go into protect at 12.9 drop...is it stuck in protect or have u pulled power and tried to hook it back up...might wana think about upping ur battries those are 2 tiny batteries

Swap out the 2ga for 0 and see if helps ...it didnt go into protect at 12.9 drop...is it stuck in protect or have u pulled power and tried to hook it back up...might wana think about upping ur battries those are 2 tiny batteries
yeah i know the batteries suk but it should be fine at 2.8 watching the voltage. yeah the amp came right back on when i turned the radio back on about 1 minute after it shut down.

i have a thought- i was using a rather cheap multimeter, a craftsman, how quick does that register voltage drop?

yeah i know the batteries suk but it should be fine at 2.8 watching the voltage. yeah the amp came right back on when i turned the radio back on about 1 minute after it shut down. i have a thought- i was using a rather cheap multimeter, a craftsman, how quick does that register voltage drop?
Yeah but dropping that low at that ohm load is a bad sign...i use a craftsman for everything ..they are fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SMS

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SMS
MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date