AQ2200d .5ohm???

disturbed471985
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with aq's and running them at .5ohm. I know aq says they are not stable at .5 but I figure with rise and all amp should see above a 1ohm load anyways correct? Just trying to get as much power from amp as possible. I know when I had it wired at 2ohm with rise my amp saw a 2.6ohm load but that was with different speakers and a different box. Looking for advice or concerns.

I currently am running my aq2200 at .5 ohm......however i dont know my box ohm rise but i am doing it right now....however i have the electrical to support it...i have three big batteries sprinter 370's.....dont do it unless you have the electrical to back it up

Manny from what I have been told about the 2200 I would assume the 1200 would fit right in the same boat. They can be ran at .5ohm but any kind of major voltage change will result in you buying a new amp or paying a repair bill. I said screw it and I am just gonna run it at 1ohm and if I need more power I will just go with a 3500.

Manny from what I have been told about the 2200 I would assume the 1200 would fit right in the same boat. They can be ran at .5ohm but any kind of major voltage change will result in you buying a new amp or paying a repair bill. I said screw it and I am just gonna run it at 1ohm and if I need more power I will just go with a 3500.
even if you get the 3500 you still need the electrical to back it up imo.......

i any situation as long as you can back up the power and after rise your at at least 1onh you will be fine i have ran these at .3 before but with very strong electicle

audioque/ any company does not reccoment it cause high funkining retards run these thing at .5 on stock electicle blow them up and they get stuck with warrentying a abused amp and sorry i cant spell for sh1t

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

disturbed471985

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
disturbed471985
Greenwood, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date