AQ HDC3 vs Treo SSX

I'm not great at interpreting numbers (and I have no experience with either sub), but the SSX costs twice as much, weighs a hell of a lot more, and can handle 2.5x the RMS wattage as the AQ. The two subs don't look, on paper, to be even remotely comparable to each other.
So let me get this straight..

Just because the Tero costs more, weighs more, and is RATED for more, makes it a better sub?

I'm giving my AQ HDC3's 7kw (for the pair) daily and they love it.

That's why I said it the way I did. I just would NEVER have thought to compare the two given the various differences on paper. It surprises the hell outta me that those two are in the same realm as one another. It's like when someone comes up to you and says that his local Arby's makes better food than a nearby Olive Garden. May very well be true, but **** who'd expect it?

And yo bizzle, are you saying that the AQ subs can handle that much over what they're rated for?? Sorta puts a new perspective on the SDCs for me...

That's why I said it the way I did. I just would NEVER have thought to compare the two given the various differences on paper. It surprises the hell outta me that those two are in the same realm as one another. It's like when someone comes up to you and says that his local Arby's makes better food than a nearby Olive Garden. May very well be true, but **** who'd expect it?
And yo bizzle, are you saying that the AQ subs can handle that much over what they're rated for?? Sorta puts a new perspective on the SDCs for me...
Yes, that's what i'm saying. I know multiple people that are giving theirs 3-4k daily, and they're taking it like nothing.

I ran my old 15's (copper coil) on 4400 daily also with no sweat.

Daaaaayum. Think I could hook an SDC 15 up to a 1200RMS load if I made sure the enclosure and various amp filters were set right?
If you're not stupid and you're careful, it can take it to problem... But if it blows, don't come crying to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yea the hdc3s are great subs. im running a pair on 2 aq2200ds straped at 1ohm, so im guessing like 2500 each sub and the coils are still as bright as day 1. im just looking for something louder now...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.