AQ 2200 Strapped at .7?

Superchevyman
10+ year member

I have two 2 AA Havoc 18's D .7's currently i am wired at at .7 on a single AQ2200 and these things are eating it up wanting more my question is either add a 2nd AQ and strap them at .7 or sell and buy a bigger amp trying to save some money so I am looking at options .7 coils don't really give me much option in a strapped configuration. just a FYI my electrical is going to consist of a 270 amp Mechman alt 2 runs of pos and neg from a yellow top to two Deka group 31 100AH batts and big 3 of course.

strapped at .7 for daily is pretty low. thats only .35 per amp, for a burp I wouldnt doubt thatd be fine, but daily, Im not sure id push it. You could go with the 3500d.1 and run it at .7?

but after box raise it sould be good if u have something to back it up. i knew a buddy that did it on 2 147ah bats and the amp got warm and he did it daily for months with no problem

sigh, box rise is only half of the equasion.... running that low strapped will cause problems unless you are playing one tone and know that box rise will keep you safe. "box rise" is a half-assed term since boxes make impedance rise AND FALL...

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.