AQ 1200.1 amps hate my car

adrian1185
10+ year member

More Cowbell!!!
This is my 2nd time owning an AudioQue 1200.1 amp. I think these amps hate my car. Identical problems with both and even my buddy's AQ1200.1 amp as well (hooked up in my car). When i installed them, there is barely any output from them at all. I know how to hook my own crap up. But when i switch out the amp with a different one, everything is loud again. Ive never seen anything like this ever. Ive owned quite a few amps and sub setup but its just something about this particular amp. The first time it happened (March 2009) i thought maybe somethin was wrong with the amp but it wasnt. To avoid headache i sold it. I bought another one a week ago and its the same thing. I had a buddy bring his over and it happened with that one as well. But when i hook up a different amp (Treo 750.1, Kicker 1000.1, and JL 500/1) they work fine. im sad and confussed. O well, just thought id tell someone. Now the search for another amp begins tomorrow. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Try doing this. Turn the low pass filter up half way. Even though theoretically it would be set at 110hz, it's not. I've set many AQ amps and owned 3 myself. The low pass filter seems to be the culprit in the insufficient output on the amp when its turned to the point of which you feel would be the right spot(roughly a quarter way up,60,70hz,etc.)

Try doing this. Turn the low pass filter up half way. Even though theoretically it would be set at 110hz, it's not. I've set many AQ amps and owned 3 myself. The low pass filter seems to be the culprit in the insufficient output on the amp when its turned to the point of which you feel would be the right spot(roughly a quarter way up,60,70hz,etc.)
i will do it tomorrow. thanks for all the great suggestions guys. hopefully this will resolve my probs

x2

I had the same issue myself, but the SSF took place as well..

Sounds like "operator error". You're doing something wrong. Gain, crossover, ground, power, audio in, ohm load, etc.
I almost got offended. Lol but yeah there is somethin different about these amps. I haven't had the chance to go outside and check on it because my daughter won't go to sleep. And its too hot outside to bring her. She's only 7 months old.

I almost got offended. Lol but yeah there is somethin different about these amps. I haven't had the chance to go outside and check on it because my daughter won't go to sleep. And its too hot outside to bring her. She's only 7 months old.
Well as soon as she's asleep, play half volume and go to town making adjustments.

Congratulations on the daughter, by the way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.