Anyone's Clever Ways of Stopping Rattles

Mark_ab
5,000+ posts

The Alpha Male
I was just curious if any of you guys found clever, or cheap, or both ways to stop unwanted rattles in your vehicles, short of say, Dynamat, or something similar. I have a bunch of squeeks in my dash and in a couple of my doors, and I was looking for some advice before I tear my car apart to stop it.

i used a mix of inch think foam from a fabric store, sub-box carpeting and dynamat (it helps a lot to know people who pay for dynamat at stock price because there is a huge make up of price on it)

you can lay layers of fiberglass on the back side of the door panels and dask, it will make it stronger and less flexable. Use new christmas tree fasteners when you reinstall your panels, and the dask you can use some of that spray in foam insulation and cut it as needed after you aply it, to clear any obstructions. the 1" foam rolls work well to absorb sound ( as stated above) . also make sure the little rubber bumbers are where they should be.. little plastic tits sticking off the back of panels if they are not there use small pices of clear tubing to act as bumpers on the plastic tits. only other thing i know is some of that rubber undercoating you can buy to spray in wheel wells works good to seal doors (leave a drip hole at the bottom corner though ) and multable layers will act like dynamat. just make sure you mask off things that don;t need to be sprayed.

Good luck

Try using a bit of clear silicone like just a fine film around the touching parts..other than that there isn't much you can do except turn it up till you can no longer hear the rattle..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Mike

Your review should have a little allen key hole somewhere near the back. Tighten that up and it won't rattle anymore. You may have to keep doing it if it comes lose.

merlin 331 said it best as far as the rearview goes! look out the sides! turn up the bass until the rearview falls off!

the undercoating works great(merlin331 again here). like he said mask off anything you don't want sprayed and leave a drain hole. another plus here is rust retarding!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.