Anyone with a pioneer 6400

Participant count
  • Participant list
yeah it has lpf and sub control. if the sub fade then the sub is not connected to the sub preout. check your manual for further info how to set the lpf.

Use the rear. You have to turn it into a non-fading output. Turn the deck off, and hold the function key. You will find the place to change that in that menu.

The rear preouts and rear speaker outputs are hooked together. If you set the hu for sub out, the rear speakers turn into subs. If you can set it for non-fading, it's news to me. Hafta check the book on that one...

OK i got it so the headunit recognizes theres a sub and now i can adjust it, however I have no sound coming out of my rears. Is tehre a way to let me still keep the signal going to the rear speakers (which are being run off the headunit) and be able to adjust the sub output?

OK, I want to be able to fade. I want my sub to continue to play while I have it faded up. Right now I cannot fade at all and I have no sound coming out of my rear speakers. how do i fix it?

Read pages 30 and 34 in your manual. You have to set the subwoofer mode ON to get sound from the rear channels. THE REAR SPEAKERS WILL PLAY AS SUBS, NOT FULL RANGE. That's how it works.

I have subs running off the rear RCA's on my 6400 and also have rear speakers. People do it all the time.

But...

I don't use "sub out" mode on the HU. The sub amp is where I do the lowpass. And when I fade to the front, the subs fade too. What you're asking for is beyond the P6400's capabilities.

There are sub amps that accept 4 RCA's (front & rear) so it won't be affected by fading. Maybe there are electronic gizmo's that can take front & rear signals and combine them so you get a non-fading signal. Ask around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.