anyone wanna help me design a new entertainment center?

I've been building one this past week...sanding/finishing today.

What do you need to know? Best advice I can give you is to measure, measure, and just when you think you know how big it needs to be, measure again...and then add an inch over what you think, if you have the room.

well jimj i am bassicly trying to figure out if i should build something arround the tv or just a badass stand, what do u think? thanks adam for those ideas

Depends on how much stuff you anticipate needing space for.

An integrated unit that has two shelving racks on either side of the TV and holds it in as well would look sweet, but take up a huge amount of room and be a big undertaking...not really a project to attempt if you've never done this kind of thing before.

Honestly, I'd just build a cabinet for around the TV, and use the stand you already have for it.

I'll post pictures of my setup sometime, even though it's for my audio seperates system it may give you some construction ideas.

well i have a receiver, cd changer, dvd, ps2, prolly like 40 dvds, direct tv box prolly more i can't think of too LOL i think i like the build a cabinet and use the existing stand idea

well i have a receiver, cd changer, dvd, ps2, prolly like 40 dvds, direct tv box prolly more i can't think of too LOL i think i like the build a cabinet and use the existing stand idea
I've totally given up on trying to have a cabinet that will hold my equipment AND all my media. I have 500 CDs and 200 DVDs and I had to break down and buy some shelving just for media.

Just a thought but maybe you shouldn't worry about media storage when you design your center. Eventually you'll outgrow it and have to buy a seperate media rack anyway.

Entertainment center design idea.
Box with pole ------------------ just make the box big enough so the chick

dancing on it doesn't fall on her azz ..

That would be an real entertainment center. Just stock up on dollar bills for tips.
Just giver her monopoly money....

projector FTW, then no worries about an entertainment center, just get a cheap glass-doored cabinet for your receiver and dvd player. Or if you wanna go all-out, sony makes an all-in-one media center pc/ dvd changer/ receiver. THAT would be nuts.

Or if you wanna go all-out, sony makes an all-in-one media center pc/ dvd changer/ receiver. THAT would be nuts.
Actually, if you want to go all out, the better way to go would be seperates //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And I agree with Thy about the entertainment center. Maybe she'd even cook me lawfles //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Entertainment center design idea.
Box with pole ------------------ just make the box big enough so the chick

dancing on it doesn't fall on her azz ..

That would be an real entertainment center. Just stock up on dollar bills for tips.
funny thing is i just nailed a stripper last night LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.