Anyone use this sound deadener?

Guys for the testing results check out that group. The guy that does testing breaks all that down from melting to db levels to the materials it is made out of to just about everything that a sound deadner will do when installed.

Guys for the testing results check out that group. The guy that does testing breaks all that down from melting to db levels to the materials it is made out of to just about everything that a sound deadner will do when installed.

I live under a rock, I don’t have Facebook Lol. Do you have a link?

I doubt you are going to get to that group without making a facebook account as I've tried shortening the link and switching it around and it comes up with a login link on here. Forums were updated and some links no longer work for some reason. Just go to facebook and do a search on the deadening. A direct link doesn't always work for that stuff. Just create a bogus account from a email address you don't use, heck I've got 5 of those just for that sort of stuff that I don't want having my 2 main email addresses. And go from there, use a fake name w/e it doesn't matter its facebook,lol.

I asked someone who knows about that company they told me when I asked him about Kilmat. He said Kilmat, Noico, Fatmat all of those are Asphalt based and all from the same company.

There is also a thread at DIYMA as well somewhere on this stuff with results and what not in a pdf form iirc.

I asked someone who knows about that company they told me when I asked him about Kilmat. He said Kilmat, Noico, Fatmat all of those are Asphalt based and all from the same company.

There is also a thread at DIYMA as well somewhere on this stuff with results and what not in a pdf form iirc.

If noico is asphalt based I'm pretty damn suprised. It gets hot and humid as hell where I am and I haven't smelled anything remotely resembling asphalt. Plus, above like 120 interior Temps asphalt stuff melts and falls off. /shrug

IMG_20200803_201951.jpg

This is the first bit I did on the roof with small leftovers. More noico and then CCF were added. Hell, my headliner still isn't back in the car yet.

Matt

Noico, Hushmat, Fatmat all of those are the same company and have more asphalt then others.
Hushmat is actually OEM USA grade materials. Runs about $4 to $5 per square foot which is right in line with Dynamat and second skin.

Noico and Siless are the budget variants for the company STP (standartplast). They also have some sort of connection with Killmat. Fatmat is lower-end but not owned by that company.

I post in DIYMA all the time and Chris's results are incredible. You'd have better results using 30-40% of a real deadener then a knockoff in terms of weight, time, and results.

Those brands use cheap fillers even if they advertise it as "asphalt free" (there's tons of other medicore fillers you can add to keep cost down). You can't use 100% geniuene butyl and then sell it at a profit for $1-1.25 per square foot, that's not actually possible (there's a reason why a handful of companies who all compete with each other sell geniune deadeners for $4-5.5 per square foot, that's what it actually cost to make a real product and make some profit).

If it was signficanly cheaper then those handful of companies would actually compete price wise against each other but they don't, it's because they charge the REAL price
did it leave a smell?
The problem i've run into ALOT in my area is people will use low-end deadeners and say things like "oh it had a mild smell for a few days but went away, no issues". Of course I get into there car and the car reeks (the smell didn't go away, they just got use to it lol)

I swore someone said Hushmat was part of the same company at one point. But it has been awhile since I heard that.

Either way the testing he does at his own expense is unreal. I know Resonix comes in 1st with Second Skin 2nd.

I personally use Second Skin and love it. Yeah it costs more but the results are worth it and then some.

(FNF)Ask any basshead, any REAL basshead. It doesn't matter if its butyl or asphalt. Sound Deadener is Sound Deadener. :) (/FNF)
I know your joking but unfortunately alot of people actually believe that when in reality there's alot of science behind deadeners.

It's the same thing with electrical. The same people that believe deadener is deadener are the same ones that think they can run 1500 watts RMS on the subs alone on stock alternator just because they did the big 3 and bought a big battery (reality is there probably running less than 600 watts if there lucky).

Bro science becomes really apparent when you come into the highly technical install portion (DSP tuning, response curves, deadening/MLV, electrical)

I know your joking but unfortunately alot of people actually believe that when in reality there's alot of science behind deadeners.

It's the same thing with electrical. The same people that believe deadener is deadener are the same ones that think they can run 1500 watts RMS on the subs alone on stock alternator just because they did the big 3 and bought a big battery (reality is there probably running less than 600 watts if there lucky).

Bro science becomes really apparent when you come into the highly technical install portion (DSP tuning, response curves, deadening/MLV, electrical)

Well, I'm running a Smart 3 at 4 ohms and a helix Msix with 4 of the 6 channels bridged off of a stock 150a alt on my jetta. I'm definitely not actually running a clamped 2400w on the substage, but I'm damn sure I'm pushing at least 100w per side to my front on music. Since most music is - 3 or - 6db in the sub bass region, it's pretty safe to say setting your gains to 2400w using a tone would equate to 600w on music. I don't have my substage installed to be able to measure, but if memory serves I was seeing peaks of 85v at the amp outputs with voltage staying pretty stable at 13.6v. That's not 2400w, but it's pretty spicy for on music power delivery.

Unless you are in the lanes chasing scores, power is arbitrary. While I agree with your opinion in general, being able to support 3000w on a stock electrical isn't very hard IF YOU ARE LISTENING TO MUSIC.

Matt

Coolhand is right in checking out the testing. It really is great information. I like Second Skin a lot and have had great results. I have been using a large stash of NVX I got dirt cheap/borderline free a couple years ago and it works but not as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...