Anyone use CDT sounds?

Mikey T

CarAudio.com Recruit
I'm installing a new system into a 2001 Toyota 4runner and I came across CDT sounds. I never heard of them before and the reviews look promising. I was looking at using Rockford Fosgate TI series but then these showed up...lol My budget for the front components and the rear coaxes is about $250. I'll be using a NVX 1100.5 pushing about 50ish watts rms to them. Please let me know what you think. I'm looking for good mid bass and warm highs, nothing harsh, more on the SQ side of things. Also is a coax better in the rear door or mid-range, which do you think?

dont waste any money or power on rear doors, leave that sh*t stock on head unit power.   You dont have much power from the start from that nvx amp, bridge it to your front components and put all the money into your front stage.  CDT is overpriced and beyond mediocre, skip completely IMO.

I don't have Facebook. So are you saying don't go with CDT? That amp has plenty of power for them, I using a 900.5 now in another car and it's clean. Is the Fosgate a better choice or do you recommend others? I'm up for suggestions.

I'm installing a new system into a 2001 Toyota 4runner and I came across CDT sounds. I never heard of them before and the reviews look promising. I was looking at using Rockford Fosgate TI series but then these showed up...lol My budget for the front components and the rear coaxes is about $250. I'll be using a NVX 1100.5 pushing about 50ish watts rms to them. Please let me know what you think. I'm looking for good mid bass and warm highs, nothing harsh, more on the SQ side of things. Also is a coax better in the rear door or mid-range, which do you think?
Hey Mikey T, are you looking at CDT Audio or CT Sounds? It looks like a combination of both brand names here. 

I selected CDT Audio as my only brand of speakers when I founded Rubyserv. I believe if we can't play it loudly, well-balanced, for a long time reliably we have missed the point. My best clients want SQ and we think similarly about how mobile audio systems ought to be done. 

If this sounds like a good thing I invite you to message me and we'll talk.

Exactly what Jeff said! If you are on FB, look up Barry Schanz. He is a CDT dealer and expert who can hook you up with exactly what you are looking for.
Thanks!

I had CDT 6.5 component speakers for a few years in my vehicle. I have to say that they did sound good, but there is a but in here. The one thing i found out that i did not know about and i missed in the description of the component speakers was about the tweeter highs crossover that came with the set. The crossovers have a highs or tweeter protection in them on my set. To so call protect the tweeter from like blow out or over power or something like that. What it did for me was, when i played my sound at a fairly high sound for a little bit say 10 min or so it would like kick in and cut off some of my high sounds and it made my overall sound, sound like a old worn out cassette tape. Remember the old worn out tapes when it would loose the high sounds as it wears out. CDT It cut off some of my high's and it say cut down on my crash of symbols say on a rock song. Does that make sense. I got tired of it finally and installed some Polk MM 6.5 component speakers. Polk MM did not have the high or tweeter protection on there crossovers. I did not have that problem after that and could here the high sounds all the time at a louder sound volume.

I had CDT 6.5 component speakers for a few years in my vehicle. I have to say that they did sound good, but there is a but in here. The one thing i found out that i did not know about and i missed in the description of the component speakers was about the tweeter highs crossover that came with the set. The crossovers have a highs or tweeter protection in them on my set. To so call protect the tweeter from like blow out or over power or something like that. What it did for me was, when i played my sound at a fairly high sound for a little bit say 10 min or so it would like kick in and cut off some of my high sounds and it made my overall sound, sound like a old worn out cassette tape. Remember the old worn out tapes when it would loose the high sounds as it wears out. CDT It cut off some of my high's and it say cut down on my crash of symbols say on a rock song. Does that make sense. I got tired of it finally and installed some Polk MM 6.5 component speakers. Polk MM did not have the high or tweeter protection on there crossovers. I did not have that problem after that and could here the high sounds all the time at a louder sound volume.
Wasn't there a workaround for this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.