Anyone running SD-2 10" D2 with a 300 watt amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mattk11

Because of size limitations, I need to use my Rockford Fosgate PBR300x1 to power my Sundown SD-2 10 at 300 watts into 1 ohm. Will I see significant improvement over a Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow mount sub?

I emailed Sundown asking if 300 watts is enough, but never got an answer.

Looking for experiences with that woofer at 300 watts.

Thanks

In a sealed box, you won't notice much if any difference. If you could fit the sundown in a small ported box you would have significantly more output. Still wont be a ground pounder of anything but def louder

You could up the power some

I'm running two sd-2 10's dvc 4 on a sundown saz 1500 1 ohm .8 cubic foot per sub

Right now I have a kx2500 on them at 4 ohm

I'm not sure if the shallow fosgate can match it sealed

Thanks for the replies.

Boxes can only be up to about .6 Cu ft so can't go ported. They are formed fiberglass mounted under the front seats of a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I have Rockfords in there now, but looking for a little deeper extension. Of course with them right under the seats I feel the bass even with the top off, but it cuts off at about 40-45 Hz from what I can estimate.

The PBR amps are already in place up under the dash, that is why I am asking about the 300 watts. There is really no other place to put bigger amplifiers.

It will hit at .6 and is lil louder at .6 but .8 digs down a lil better

Stay away from the fosgate shallow the sundown will own it

The sd will play at 20hz in .5 and you should peak at 42-45 at .6. Just don't clipp the sub to death with to much gain using a small amp

I had a .5 box before I made the .8 box

Well hell, the subs are pretty cheap so I will try one with the PBR300 and if it doesnt hack it, I'll sell the 300s and get a couple 500s.

I think the SD can go ported in a .5
Really? I thought that thing needed 1 cu ft to go ported. I'd like to know if this is true. Looking to squeeze the most bass out of two under seat enclosures. The ultimate stealth install with a little boom.

Sorry. It does. However you could get the 8" version of the SD and do .5 ported and that will be louder than the sealed 10

At .5 cu ft, what would the port size and length be? I don't know how to model it because the box size is irregular since it is molded to to floor but I can measure total internal volume with sand or something else easy enough. Finding room for the port may be hard to do. How low will it play?

Right now I have 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow in sealed enclosure and they sound good, but don't seem to play very low.

What would you do, would you replace the Rockfords with 2 ported 8" Sundowns or 2 sealed 10" Sundowns?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mattk11

Mattk11
Omaha, NE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Mattk11