Anyone Recoomend Sony 12'' Xplodes?

Participant count
  • Participant list

IowaBoomer
10+ year member

I have an oppurtunity to purchase a Sony 12' Xplode SVC for &75 including shipping. Does anyone here have them, and would they go well with a 250 watt Punch Amp. It is 4 ohms, 250 watss RMS, 800 peak, with dual spiders and I tend to listen to alot of Alt Rock and a little Rap. I would be putting it in either a black all fiberglass box, with a monsterous port, a wood box with a small port, ot a sealed. Anyone have an opinion on them?

i have personally had these subs. i only had 100rms goin to them and they bumped pretty good but not good enough for what i payed for them. but for that price i would get them. they dont sound too bad but i personally woudlnt buy them if they costed any more

yeah they are not bad BUT i would not over power them but my friend has 3 of them and a 500w kicker amp and they realy kick ass there is some bass in is car i will tell u holy **** it will push your head into the dash man they rock but dont over power them or they blow out and ohh yeah he has them in a ported box to.....

mike

any 3 12s would probably give you a goodly large quantity of bass, many many people go for the xplod series cuz it looks cool in the red and its got good cred if you dont know your stuff. get another sub (pioneer, cerwin vega, rockford etc.) and hook it up to the same amp and listen to one then the other over a few of your fav songs, it'll soon show ya that xplod stuff just doesn't cut it (nothing against the HUs tho)

SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR SOME THING BETTER

Originally posted by IowaBoomer I have an oppurtunity to purchase a Sony 12' Xplode SVC for &75 including shipping. Does anyone here have them, and would they go well with a 250 watt Punch Amp. It is 4 ohms, 250 watss RMS, 800 peak, with dual spiders and I tend to listen to alot of Alt Rock and a little Rap. I would be putting it in either a black all fiberglass box, with a monsterous port, a wood box with a small port, ot a sealed. Anyone have an opinion on them?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I was going to buy some sony 12's before and the store manager (a friend of mine) said that they sound good but they will crack very easily, especially if you put a lot of power to them.

Kable

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.