Anyone Recommend a Lanzar 1200D amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

IowaBoomer
10+ year member

I have a chance to purchase a lanzar 1200D Vibe amp for about 175. Is this worth it?

I am currently running a JL 12W3 D6, but i can go back and get the D2 or D4. I am running a RF 250a2amp, and I think that this amp would be quite a hop up.

anyone have any experince with them, and can anyone recommend/detest them?

Well, I had a headache dealing with that amp. I ordered mine from sounddomain originally for 225. The 1st one died on the 2nd day I had it. I returned it to SD for an exchange, and it, too, died on the 2nd day.

I decided to send it back to lanzar, and finally the 3rd one, that came directly from lanzar worked fine. I can't tell you about how long it lasted b/c I sold it 2 weeks later when I found my Opti for the same price.

What I'm saying is, if you buy it used and you know the thing works $175's probably a pretty good deal. If you buy it new, you might be taking your chances.

BTW, it's ratings are accurate. If your 12 is in a sealed box, the 1200D would be great for the d6 , but a little too much for the d4. Would also work well with 2 d2's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.