Anyone listen to Focal's new Polyglass line?

Participant count
  • Participant list
i have not heard them compared to their new series...but i have read about it from multiple sources and they say that they sound exactly the same.

Originally posted by mattj i have not heard them compared to their new series...but i have read about it from multiple sources and they say that they sound exactly the same.
Okay, so I would assume that means a good thing then? I have not been able to listen to Focal's since there is not a dealer in my area, but from the comments that I hear about them, I think I will try them without listening to them... I don't usually like to do that, but I figure there are a lot of people that like them. So if anyone can describe how they compare to other similar speakers, that would help my decision...

In my opinion, The focals are the best component speakers that I have heard. They have amazing cleanliness, highs, and lows. Definitely the next set of speakers goin in my ride. You won't be disappointed.

They are extravagent, however the highs sure get high..you may have to try and tone them down a little. next car i get, it will have focal components in it.

So should I go with the old polyglass line since they sound the same as the new ones? I noticed that ebay has them for much cheaper. Did they make Polyglass coax in the old ones like they do now? I haven't seen any...

If you aren't one who gets hung up on getting everything as soon as it comes out, sure go ahead with the older ones. May not be quite as good but still phenomenal. I don't believe they made coaxials. The only reason I would get coaxials is to put rear fill in the car. The components should do well enough on their own. Once again, PHENOMENAL!!!

To answer your question. Yes they did make coaxials. I haven't heard the polyglass or the polyflex only the polykev and utopias. Personally I like the MB Quart tweeters but hated the mids. Focal's tweeters sound similar, but tone down after they have been used a while.(less ear pain) Their mids are strong and accurate with a pretty good punch. I also found that at least the uper end models take way more power than they are rated for without distorting.. I love that part..

Mike

Okay guys, here's a question for ya. Can you mount Focal components so they are like coax, similar to what Boston Pro's are like? Was wondering if there was some type of aftermarket adapter to do that. Reason I need a set of coax is I have a Jeep and need to mount coax in the overhead soundbar. I don't really have a good way to do a custom component setup there....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.