Anyone know where to get an amp repaired? Hopfuly around Austin/Dallas Tx

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Was sent to ampmedics for new RCA's about a month ago, came back and ran perfect for about a week. Started cuttin in and out when amp my touched/tapped the case. Tryed RCA's on a high amp and only one terminal would produce music, if i swapped them around the other speaker would play but not the original one. So i ran new RCAs and it dosnt cut in and out anymore, but it wont recieve a signal when powered up. If u smack it a bit then it starts makin sound, sometimes only at half power. Smack it again(by smack a light tap on top of case, or lift on end about 2in's then drop when under seat) and it goes off then will come on after hitting to full power. Originally when it came back i could get it to produce music(HU sub lvl was at 0) so i sent it back, he said it tested fine when arrived. Even ran tests for 3 days to make sure. Sent back then it play a week before this started. Before the amp came back there was a AP APSM1300 in there with 0 problems. So im not even positive the RCAs r bad, but both speakers played with 2nd set of RCAs i ran. Ill be trying the amp in anther car tomorrow sometime, but ide like to see if i can find a close amp repair before i ship it to FL again. THanks

Amp in need of repair is a Memphis PRD1000.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.