Anyone know anything about the QUANTUM AUDIO 15" QCW15D4?

Participant count
  • Participant list
If any sub bass audio transducer actually output energy at the rate of 1000 watts, it would probably be able to kill large animals from far away........... And would probably require well over 1 million watts of input power.

Subs don't output RMS wattage in the sense that you understand it. No one quantifies sub performance by the rate at which they can output energy into their surroundings. The sub in question may be able to handle the thermal and subsequent physical loads that 1000 watts puts on the driver, but that is very much alignment dependent.

Also, the amount of power a driver can take is absolutely no measure of sound quality or, but to a lesser extent, loudness.

Just asking if a sub can take 1000 watts RMS (do you even know what RMS means?) isn't a good way to get palpable help around here. State your goals, with good technological vernacular, proper sentence structure, paragraphs, punctuation and grammar and then make an inquiry about a certain woofer or woofers. I'd even suggest doing a little research first.

Now, I quickly glanced at Quantum's website, and its not looking good. The website is filled with eye candy especially designed to sway ignorant shoppers. T/S data is no where to be found either. The woofers themselves are covered in useless, flashy plastic and the baskets don't look sturdy at all. I'm sure you could do much much better for the price. I'd suggest you stay away from Quantum.

There are a great number of fantastic companies out there that make good product. Try looking into:

FI Car Audio

Soundsplinter

Resonant Engineering Audio

SI

Focal

Seas

Digital Designs

JL

Image Dynamics

etc

Write up a lucid, yet knowledgeable request and you will receive proper help

i wasn't going for grammer here.. it's a car audio forum not a english class..

I didn't actually mean that it output that much energy. I did how ever want to know if it was a good sub because I bought this stuff first and then bought much better stuff after words.

The stuff I have thats extra is a QA QCA4300 class A/B amp I also have the sub I was asking about. I'm not too impressed with the basket or the surround on the sub. Maybe I'll do a test though and find out if this stuff really is crap. The only reason I even thought about it is because a dealer in my city who is well known carrys it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.