Anyone here heard of the new RF T2 13 in person?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I know there is a distaste around here for mainstream brands, and retail is probably high for the performance...but the specs look good. Fs of 25, 34mm xmax 1 way, qts says ported. Id imagine this thing would crush low frequencies

Yeah, I'll give it a shot and see how it performs. I've been seeing youtube vids where people be using only the bdcp 1500 to get it bumping, hopefully my CT Sounds 1400 is good enough for it.

^ Youve used the RF?... Im a huge fan of the xcon, its probably my favorite sub ive ran. But i can almost assure you Rf put more R&d into their sub than SSA put into theirs.

The rf has more xmax, larger coil, probably a stronger motor (im assuming based on motor weight), and a lower FS.

I think someone calling it a downgrade is a stretch, especially if they have no first hand.

This isnt exactly apples to apples anyway, the RF is 40 lbs heavier

Thry have built off the same platform since the power dvc.

They never metered good nor sounded good.

If you want to do a design compersion i can tell you pros and cons to each. Again a well designed driver is finding a balance are using the topologies benfits.

bl/mass ratio 165.4/414g for the RF .399

115/222 for the xcon. .519

better motor strength to mass ratio 1/2 the price.

step up to the zcon its .7+

the evil still has a higher motor strength to weight ration and they take 5kw daily NO sweat.

i dont see why anyone would choose it over the xcon much less zcon or evil.

Motor strength and low mms isn't the end all be all to a car subwoofer......
no but its the beginning to a good design.

lower mass is naturally going to need less mechanical damping and have a better transient response.

lower power compression over stroke

higher sensivity

2 things im changing on my driver.. lower MMS and more defined cooling channels. while it does hurt lowend output being over motored its fine unless you want a woofer that plays down to 20hz..

Yes, but too much BL and too little mms can negatively affect your frequency response with a given enclosure volume and target application. The subwoofer is only part of a system. Once you start dipping into the extremes of enclosure size you can get a whole other bear(s) to wrestle.

There was a guy doing 151 sealed on pair and 5k..

Another guy was running 2 bdcp 2500s to each one. Those amps do well over 3k. An xcon isnt handling 6k. Mine would get stinky on 3k.

Again, i love the xcon. Id run them again. Just sometimes the mainstream distaste goes too far. I'd never pay retail for the RF. But it isnt my money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.