AnyOne Heard the DiamondAudio TDX or D9's!!??!!

shanerz21
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
IOWA
ive been doing lots of searching and cant decide... i want two diamond audio D9's or TDX.. (1000W rms a piece) or 1 or 2 solo X 12" kickers. i like rap music and i want it to be loud and bump good... not worried about prices.. If i hooked the diamonds up with a 2500W or 2000W amp.. would it be loud/ bump wit both subs runnin?

They would be extremely loud and sound amazing while doing it (the Solo Xs wouldnt be close) The 15 is recommended for 2000 watts daily (I would only hook up 1 15 or 2 10s would work well with a 2500)

thadman - no disrespect, but are you saying that 2 Solo X's wouldnt be close in output to two D9/TDX Diamonds? You're correct sir. Solo X's would WALK all over the Diamonds. I love the diamonds and I'm very much considering running them, but a Solo X sub with ample power will walk over a D9/TDX. Install dependant, sure, but the X just has more potential any way you look at it. In a good install, the X will have more output and sound good. Go with the X, in my honest opinion.

thadman - no disrespect, but are you saying that 2 Solo X's wouldnt be close in output to two D9/TDX Diamonds? You're correct sir. Solo X's would WALK all over the Diamonds. I love the diamonds and I'm very much considering running them, but a Solo X sub with ample power will walk over a D9/TDX. Install dependant, sure, but the X just has more potential any way you look at it. In a good install, the X will have more output and sound good. Go with the X, in my honest opinion.

The 12s would require upwards of 3000 watts and I doubt your electrical system could handle that (It would be extremely unnecessary imo)

2 Solo X 12's would be too loud for just a every day cruise around wouldnt it?... the 2 diamonds would still bump n be loud right?

Can be good or can be horrid, as with most subwoofers its install dependant. Kickers are generally viewed with overall bad sq. With a good install, you can make even a 20 dollar Legacy woofer sound decent :)

Its late...and I cant think right now. I believe you misinterpreted my post my intention was that they would walk all over the Solo Xs in terms of SQ. The SOLO X might have a slight edge in output.

The two Diamonsd would sound phenomenal, yes.

Two Solo X's would be stupid for daily, yes.

Thadman has two TDX 10's fs, if you want to consider that route.

Incredible quality and good output. Work well.

Keep in mind that when yo ureach the 2000+marker you need to consider upgrading the electrical system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.